[Poll] Door Knobs

What type of door knob do you prefer (choose one style and one finish/color)?

• Style: Regular

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Style: Lever

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Finish/Color: Rubbed Bronze (Black aka Pottery Barn)

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Finish/Color: Nickel (Silver aka Modern Family)

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Finish/Color: Brass (Gold aka That 70s show)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

Not sure if we've ever talked about this before but when we moved back into our rental I actually replaced all the door knobs because the tenants had put mismatched locking door knobs on the bedrooms.

We used the regular rubbed bronze ones (basically black) but the difference it made in house the house looked was noticeable. They were these cheapie ones from Lowes (Gatehouse brand):

050134110083lg.jpg

My wife prefers the lever style (we had a house that had levers and it's easy to open when your hands were full) but they are more expensive (like 2.5 times more):

883351468992lg.jpg

The problem with levers is even the dummy ones cost more and you have to buy a right handed or left handed depending on the door.

What is your preference?

I allowed 2 selections on the poll so you can choose style and finish/color.

You should add egg shaped door knobs as those are popular also.  Finish depends on color and style of decor, but all things being equal, I prefer oil rubbed bronze in a lever, with egg a close second.

Standard style, nickel finish. Whatever home depot sells so I can replace it easy without special ordering.  :)

WTTCMN said:
I like lever + brushed chrome.

BTW, anyone notice that some of the Groves OH homes (La Vita, Amelia, others?) have these crank windows.  What are people's thoughts on those?  The lady at Amelia told me that they're the "in" thing now.

I upgraded mine to the lever + chrome as an option.  Egg knob was standard and the kids couldn't open the doors.

As for crank windows those were standard with mine.  I don't like that style tho.  Spin spin spin ...

WTTCMN said:
I like lever + brushed chrome.

BTW, anyone notice that some of the Groves OH homes (La Vita, Amelia, others?) have these crank windows.  What are people's thoughts on those?  The lady at Amelia told me that they're the "in" thing now.

Is it 1990?

irvinehomeowner said:
Not sure if we've ever talked about this before but when we moved back into our rental I actually replaced all the door knobs because the tenants had put mismatched locking door knobs on the bedrooms.

We used the regular rubbed bronze ones (basically black) but the difference it made in house the house looked was noticeable. They were these cheapie ones from Lowes (Gatehouse brand):

050134110083lg.jpg

My wife prefers the lever style (we had a house that had levers and it's easy to open when your hands were full) but they are more expensive (like 2.5 times more):

883351468992lg.jpg

The problem with levers is even the dummy ones cost more and you have to buy a right handed or left handed depending on the door.

What is your preference?

I allowed 2 selections on the poll so you can choose style and finish/color.

This might be an option for you to solve the hands full issue. Comes in knobs and levers too.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_425027-50881-23042-119_0__?productId=4146131&Ntt=push+pull+rotate&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dpush%2Bpull%2Brotate&facetInfo=

Here's the link to the demo.

http://webapps.easy2.com/cm_mvc/GenericIndex?page_id=36520680&vid_refer=165931

Attachments

• Shop Brink's Home Security Push Pull Rotate Satin Nickel Residential Passage Doo Window title ...jpg
    Shop Brink's Home Security Push Pull Rotate Satin Nickel Residential Passage Doo Window title ...jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 107
Not sure what the selection is like right now, but we found some great prices and selection on costco.com.  When you're done polling :)

MrsGH said:
Here's the link to the demo.

http://webapps.easy2.com/cm_mvc/GenericIndex?page_id=36520680&vid_refer=165931

Push, pull, rotate door knobs are so awesome!  Now I'll have to get one for our house!

Back