Site customization

socal78

Awesome. Thanks, stagger. I'll definitely have to check it out. My "hired help" doesn't start until 9 p.m., though, so it might have to wait a bit but it will definitely be a priority.

Edited to add: I'm very proud of how well everyone has transitioned. I had heard horror stories about when IHB made a change from old software to new, and I'm happy to say you guys have handled it really well. I appreciate your patience as we get all the kinks worked out and if you have any more suggestions, keep 'em coming.

Is there a way to see who has exalted or smote you? If not, is that change possible, at least for smites? Anonymous smites seem passive aggressive to me. I also prefer the "thank you" and "no thank you" buttons, without the combined Karma score. Sometimes, a "no thank you" or smite isn't necessarily negative and shouldn't impact the overall Karma score, i.e., when somebody posts about a death in the family or job loss. I don't want to exalt or thank them, but I don't want to smite them either. A "no thank you" or "that sucks" button would be needed.

A smite throttle.

AKA, those with negative karma can only post once per hour...

Or maybe, once your karma goes negative double digits...

[quote author="staggerlee"]SoCal78...

Thank You button

Some Karma options

And more in the Code forums
[/quote]

Thanks for the research stagger! I'm trying them out on a test board, but they are not working very well, if at all. The "Thank You" feature there is a weird one - the post that you are to thank is hidden until you thank the poster...which is totally counter-intuitive to me.

I also found a Flag Post button, but that one's not working at all. Looks like a cool function.

I may be a software engineer, but I am still new to this. So bear with me. Seeing example header/footer scripts gives me hope of some customization. This is getting the gears running in my head...Now if only I can quit my day job...Hey who rigged up these new smileys? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Thanks Socal!

[quote author="Mr. SC"]
[quote author="staggerlee"]SoCal78...

Thank You button

Some Karma options

And more in the Code forums
[/quote]

Thanks for the research stagger! I'm trying them out on a test board, but they are not working very well, if at all. The "Thank You" feature there is a weird one - the post that you are to thank is hidden until you thank the poster...which is totally counter-intuitive to me.

I also found a Flag Post button, but that one's not working at all. Looks like a cool function.

I may be a software engineer, but I am still new to this. So bear with me. Seeing example header/footer scripts gives me hope of some customization. This is getting the gears running in my head...Now if only I can quit my day job...Hey who rigged up these new smileys? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Thanks Socal!

[/quote]

Hey... hey... Mr. Software Engineer... do we need to get a girl in here to show you how to fix the code? <!-- s:eek: -->:eek:<!-- s:eek: --> Too bad Cayci is busy until after the first of the year, if you can't fix it by then... then she will most likely be able to fix it for you. <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p -->

I don't even know if it is code she knows/can handle, but she tackled EE over on IHB like Lawrence Taylor busting through the o-line and sacking the crap out of the QB.

(just having fun with you Mr. SoCal, love what you have done so far.)

Will the real no_vas please stand up?!

Edit: I now see the other thread and understand stagger's point.

SoCals: Can we have more control over on the spot display name changes?

[quote author="staggerlee"]
[quote author="Sunshine"]Will the real no_vas please stand up?![/quote]

When you hit the quote button, you will see the name they registered under. No matter what my diplayed name is, the "quote author" will always read staggerlee.[/quote]

Yes, I saw that, but it's late and I'm half asleep. I read the other thread and realized that you changed your name to prove a point. See my modified post above.

[quote author="nosuchreality"]A smite throttle.

AKA, those with negative karma can only post once per hour...

Or maybe, once your karma goes negative double digits...

[/quote]

LMAO.

[quote author="caycifish"]If needed, let me know how I can help.[/quote]

Cool, thanks, Cayci.

is there a way to have the breadcrumb links, (i.e.Talk Irvine :: Technical Support :: Suggestions :: Site customization) also show on the very bottom of a thread page?

[quote author="hifisher"]is there a way to have the breadcrumb links, (i.e.Talk Irvine :: Technical Support :: Suggestions :: Site customization) also show on the very bottom of a thread page?[/quote]

Yes, please!

In the forums, if I noticed a skipped small word (me, a, an, etc...) or a misspelled word in a post, I could quickly change my post within a small amount of time without the change appearing as an edit. Can we have a 1-minute grace period here, too? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Can we change the color of the "NEW" symbol to red or some brighter color so it don't blend in with the color of the thread?

[quote author="caycifish"]
[quote author="hifisher"]is there a way to have the breadcrumb links, (i.e.Talk Irvine :: Technical Support :: Suggestions :: Site customization) also show on the very bottom of a thread page?[/quote]

Yes, please![/quote]

Hey, guys. Good news. We got that working quickly on our test site and will install it today here.

[quote author="SoCal78"]
[quote author="caycifish"]

Yes, please![/quote]

Hey, guys. Good news. We got that working quickly on our test site and will install it today here. [/quote]

Yay on that news, and dangit that I already used my Exalt for the hour!

Oh, and I signed up for the Proboards Support Board today. I don't blame you guys for being worried about violating the TOS. I saw a lot of "how do I..." posts with technical solutions that couldn't be implemented because of the TOS.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]Can we change the color of the "NEW" symbol to red or some brighter color so it don't blend in with the color of the thread?[/quote]

I've been hard at work redesigning the graphic buttons on this site to make them a bit more 'modern'. I'll make sure the "New" icon is on the list.

[quote author="Mr. SC"]
[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]Can we change the color of the "NEW" symbol to red or some brighter color so it don't blend in with the color of the thread?[/quote]

I've been hard at work redesigning the graphic buttons on this site to make them a bit more 'modern'. I'll make sure the "New" icon is on the list.

[/quote]
Thank you kindly, your efforts are appreciated! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Back