Hardwood Flooring Depot

lovingit

Anyone use these guys before?  Reza and Camron from Hardwood Flooring Depot in Irvine?

They are coming in $4000 cheaper than Tompkins and Venetian on Provenza.  So I'm wondering if they cut corners on the installation?

i got a quote with them, really liked Reza, didnt end up redoing our floors, just had the grout professionally cleaned on our tile and got some new cleaning equipment to help keep it clean. like your quote, mine was significantly cheaper than venetian on Provenza wood floors.  i would have gone with them though if we did move forward. 

angies list has 7 reviews for them, 6 A's and 1 D.

here is a zerlot type review:

Company Name:
Hardwood Flooring Depot
Categories:
Flooring Sales/Installation/Repair
Hardwood Flooring Sales/Installation/Refinishing
Services Performed:
Yes
* More Weight is given to a review where work has been completed.
Work Completed Date:
June 24, 2013
Hire Again:
Yes
Approximate Cost:
$14,000.00
Description Of Work:
Installation of New Hardwood Floors & Baseboards downstairs - due to pipe leak.
Member Comments:
Let me start of by saying - I DO MY RESEARCH.  I went to several flooring places - those recommended by my insurance company and others I found on my own (including many on Angie's List).  This took some time as I needed to find an outfit that would 1) work with my budget, 2) carried the flooring I wanted.  Unfortunately, what I found out was that the floor I wanted was just too expensive, and when adding in the "additional" costs (glue, installation, removal, etc...) - the quotes I received were way over my budget.  Reality check time.  To get within my budget I was going to have to settle on a "lesser" quality (cheaper) floor and find better rates on the "additional."  A friend connected me up with an independent flooring installer (friend of a friend) who was happy to allow me to purchase the materials (no markup for him) and he was to charge for the demo and install only (low rate).  The problem was he mainly works with one brand of wood and the swatches he gave me were so small it was impossible to definitively determine whether or not I would choose the right color etc...  THIS IS MY FLOOR SO I BETTER MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE.  So, I did a search for dealers that carried the brand he worked with - I wanted bigger swatches and to purchase direct.
This is what led me to the Hardwood Flooring Depot - and boy did I LUCK OUT!!!
I walked in the door and was greeted by Arman. I asked to see samples of the brand I had to settle on.  Then out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the wood flooring I originally (and still) wanted.  I told Arman how much I loved it but that it was too expensive so I was there to see the other brand.  Arman asked if I minded what I had been quoted.  I told him, and he was FLOORED (excuse the pun).  He invited my back to his office and we reviewed the numbers - I had all the measurements etc.. from the insurance company and other flooring people.  Sight unseen, Arman gave me a loose quote that was within my budget.  Obviously, he would need to come out to measure to confirm.  He came the next morning and measured.  I was still so elated that the "loose" quote was within my budget that I asked if he would mind providing a separate quote for the two upstairs bathrooms and recommend a different material.  So, he proceeded to measure those as well.
That evening I was emailed a firm quote - attached to email.  However, when I was reading the body of the email I saw Arman had wrote, "I hope you are happy with your quote, it is less than my earlier (the loose) quote."  WOW!  Arman knew that I was happy with the "loose" quote he had provided and he could had said it stands - I would have been very happy.  But he really wowed me and I was so appreciative of the extra savings that I did the bathrooms upstairs too - which also were at a great rate.
So far so good, right?  Well it gets better.  The workers were great.  They started two days later and worked 12 hour days practically to get the job done in 3 days.  They are hard workers who care about the quality of their work.  I was around a lot, being nosey, pointing to spots, etc... and they walked me through what they were doing etc... and were polite, courteous, and professional.  Here's were it really gets better.............I had a lot of rounded corners on my old baseboards.  I had asked for straight in the replacement boards because they are less expensive, and that is what I was quoted for.  However, I noticed that the installers were using rounded baseboards - much nicer.  What a nice little extra treat.
So from tip to tail.  Hardwood Flooring Depot has a huge selection, phenomenal pricing, great service, etc... and I feel so fortunate  to have just happened upon them.  I will be redoing my kitchen next summer with granite and Arman already gave me a great rate.  Somehow I have a feeling I will be using Hardwood Flooring Depot again soon.
I unreservedly recommend Hardwood Flooring Depot to all Angies List Members.

qwerty said:
i got a quote with them, really liked Reza, didnt end up redoing our floors, just had the grout professionally cleaned on our tile and got some new cleaning equipment to help keep it clean. like your quote, mine was significantly cheaper than venetian on Provenza wood floors.  i would have gone with them though if we did move forward. 

Company Name: Hardwood Flooring Depot

Categories: Flooring Sales/Installation/Repair

Services Performed: Yes

Work Completed Date: June 24, 2013

Hire Again: Yes

Approximate Cost: $14,000.00

Description Of Work: Installation of New Hardwood Floors & Baseboards downstairs - due to pipe leak.

Member Comments: Let me start of by saying - I DO MY RESEARCH.  I went to several flooring places - those recommended by my insurance company and others I found on my own (including many on Angie's List).  This took some time as I needed to find an outfit that would

1) work with my budget,

2) carried the flooring I wanted.  Unfortunately, what I found out was that the floor I wanted was just too expensive, and when adding in the "additional" costs (glue, installation, removal, etc...) - the quotes I received were way over my budget.  Reality check time.  To get within my budget I was going to have to settle on a "lesser" quality (cheaper) floor and find better rates on the "additional."  A friend connected me up with an independent flooring installer (friend of a friend) who was happy to allow me to purchase the materials (no markup for him) and he was to charge for the demo and install only (low rate).  The problem was he mainly works with one brand of wood and the swatches he gave me were so small it was impossible to definitively determine whether or not I would choose the right color etc...  THIS IS MY FLOOR SO I BETTER MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE.  So, I did a search for dealers that carried the brand he worked with - I wanted bigger swatches and to purchase direct.

I walked in the door and was greeted by Arman. I asked to see samples of the brand I had to settle on.  Then out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the wood flooring I originally (and still) wanted.  I told Arman how much I loved it but that it was too expensive so I was there to see the other brand.  Arman asked if I minded what I had been quoted.  I told him, and he was FLOORED (excuse the pun).  He invited my back to his office and we reviewed the numbers - I had all the measurements etc.. from the insurance company and other flooring people.  Sight unseen, Arman gave me a loose quote that was within my budget.  Obviously, he would need to come out to measure to confirm.  He came the next morning and measured.  I was still so elated that the "loose" quote was within my budget that I asked if he would mind providing a separate quote for the two upstairs bathrooms and recommend a different material.  So, he proceeded to measure those as well.
That evening I was emailed a firm quote - attached to email.  However, when I was reading the body of the email I saw Arman had wrote, "I hope you are happy with your quote, it is less than my earlier (the loose) quote."  WOW!  Arman knew that I was happy with the "loose" quote he had provided and he could had said it stands - I would have been very happy.  But he really wowed me and I was so appreciative of the extra savings that I did the bathrooms upstairs too - which also were at a great rate.

So far so good, right?  Well it gets better.  The workers were great.  They started two days later and worked 12 hour days practically to get the job done in 3 days.  They are hard workers who care about the quality of their work.  I was around a lot, being nosey, pointing to spots, etc... and they walked me through what they were doing etc... and were polite, courteous, and professional.  Here's were it really gets better.............I had a lot of rounded corners on my old baseboards.  I had asked for straight in the replacement boards because they are less expensive, and that is what I was quoted for.  However, I noticed that the installers were using rounded baseboards - much nicer.  What a nice little extra treat.
So from tip to tail.  Hardwood Flooring Depot has a huge selection, phenomenal pricing, great service, etc... and I feel so fortunate  to have just happened upon them.  I will be redoing my kitchen next summer with granite and Arman already gave me a great rate.  Somehow I have a feeling I will be using Hardwood Flooring Depot again soon.

Pretty good Qwerty.  Content is definitely great.  Work on the spacing a bit and you can be the new Zerolot on the forum and I can retire. :)

qwerty said:

Company Name:
Hardwood Flooring Depot
Categories:
Flooring Sales/Installation/Repair
Services Performed:
Yes
Work Completed Date:
June 24, 2013
Hire Again:
Yes
Approximate Cost:
$14,000.00
Description Of Work:
Installation of New Hardwood Floors & Baseboards downstairs - due to pipe leak.
Member Comments:
Let me start of by saying - I DO MY RESEARCH.  I went to several flooring places - those recommended by my insurance company and others I found on my own (including many on Angie's List).  This took some time as I needed to find an outfit that would 1) work with my budget, 2) carried the flooring I wanted.  Unfortunately, what I found out was that the floor I wanted was just too expensive, and when adding in the "additional" costs (glue, installation, removal, etc...) - the quotes I received were way over my budget.  Reality check time.  To get within my budget I was going to have to settle on a "lesser" quality (cheaper) floor and find better rates on the "additional."  A friend connected me up with an independent flooring installer (friend of a friend) who was happy to allow me to purchase the materials (no markup for him) and he was to charge for the demo and install only (low rate).  The problem was he mainly works with one brand of wood and the swatches he gave me were so small it was impossible to definitively determine whether or not I would choose the right color etc...  THIS IS MY FLOOR SO I BETTER MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE.  So, I did a search for dealers that carried the brand he worked with - I wanted bigger swatches and to purchase direct.
You lost me after the first paragraph.

its not my review. i copied it from angies list. i just thought i would post it here to give you a little competition on your thorough reviews. it just reminded me of one of your reviews  :)

qwerty said:
its not my review. i copied it from angies list. i just thought i would post it here to give you a little competition on your thorough reviews. it just reminded me of one of your reviews  :)

Oh I thought it was your review.

Ive heard they are cheap but has anyone on this forum have used them and can add feedback on the installation also?

irvineboy said:
Ive heard they are cheap but has anyone on this forum have used them and can add feedback on the installation also?
I hate to do this to you but I've seen you post a few times asking questions that already have threads here:

Please use the [Search] button.

I worked with Arman.  I love him!  Great customer service!  Th installation was good and they give you a warranty.  I had a couple of planks that needed to be redone and they did it without question. 

The only negative was that there were a few areas where the installer thought "putty" was needed in the cracks and didn't ask my opinion before hand.  When I noticed the putty, I was annoyed and had them remove it.  So....if you have a floor like mine that is distressed looking, just ask the installer not put put any putty anywhere unless they ask you first.

Tech said:
I worked with Arman.  I love him!  Great customer service!  Th installation was good and they give you a warranty.  I had a couple of planks that needed to be redone and they did it without question. 

The only negative was that there were a few areas where the installer thought "putty" was needed in the cracks and didn't ask my opinion before hand.  When I noticed the putty, I was annoyed and had them remove it.  So....if you have a floor like mine that is distressed looking, just ask the installer not put put any putty anywhere unless they ask you first.
Your review screams unprofessional to me.  JMHO.  It's damning with faint praise.

lovingit said:
Anyone use these guys before?  Reza and Camron from Hardwood Flooring Depot in Irvine?

They are coming in $4000 cheaper than Tompkins and Venetian on Provenza.  So I'm wondering if they cut corners on the installation?

Hardwood Flooring Depot installed our Provenza wood floors last month (I worked with Reza). The installers did an excellent job and I would highly recommend them. I didn't get a quote from Tompkins, but Venetian quoted me a higher price (~$1500 more). It has only been a month, but I am very happy with the end result.

We just got our floors done by hardwood flooring depot. Worked with Reza. The install team did a really good job. Floors look great. The guys cleaned up really well after themselves. Would highly recommend reza and his team. One thing I like about these guys is that you don't pay anything until the end of the job until you are happy with the final product.

Here you go

t9egb8.jpg

qwerty said:
We just got our floors done by hardwood flooring depot. Worked with Reza. The install team did a really good job. Floors look great. The guys cleaned up really well after themselves. Would highly recommend reza and his team. One thing I like about these guys is that you don't pay anything until the end of the job until you are happy with the final product.

How much did you pay? Did you bargain? Lol

Looks good. I think it's a good idea you kept the stairs carpeted w/ having a small child. 

eyephone said:
qwerty said:

How much did you pay? Did you bargain? Lol

I didn't bargain, I'm fair and reasonable. . Just got several quotes and they were already the cheapest. Paid a bit over 13k. We did get all new baseboards so that will be another couple of hundred.

Back