Author Topic: Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine  (Read 437102 times)

Offline bones

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 190
  • -Received: 1068
Re: Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 09:11:47 PM »
asdf
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:50:23 PM by WTTCMN »

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2412
  • -Received: 1520
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »
dont worry everyone, for the chinese, the allure of irvine schools > i see dead people.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline ZeroLot

• Shelter Built
  • O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 286
  • -Received: 177
  • Yes, I'm not a guy.
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2014, 10:45:58 PM »
dont worry everyone, for the chinese, the allure of irvine schools > i see dead people.

Perhaps someone can use feng shui to convince the Chinese that it's good to have a VETERAN cemetery.  Veterans are people who died for a worthy cause, they will keep all the other evil spirits at bay.  How does that sound?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:51:24 PM by ZeroLot »
"If you haven't checked with SGIP about mortgage loans, you haven't ZeroLot vetted enough." ~ Irvinehomeowner

"Konara Dek Zero Gra?" ~DothrakIho TI Memes  *Are they Zerolot Approved?

Online Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 565
  • -Received: 469
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 07:08:49 AM »

Perhaps someone can use feng shui to convince the Chinese that it's good to have a VETERAN cemetery.  Veterans are people who died for a worthy cause, they will keep all the other evil spirits at bay.  How does that sound?

It's not feng shui.  Ghosts are considered bad by many Chinese people, especially those from overseas.  Cemeteries have ghosts because many died with regret, lost love, or just because they're angry.  Again, most overseas Asians have no affinity toward the military or veterans.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:40:57 PM by Irvinecommuter »

Offline Kangen.Irvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 76
  • -Received: 25
    • Change Your Water, Change Your Life!
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »
This land was originally El Toro MCAS and Five Pointe needs to honor Americans and set aside land to honor our veterans.

Do we value property values, which people assume will drop or the freedom we all enjoy due to the sacrifice?

Why do so many people value America...the freedom that exists and this cemetery is the least we can do. People who travel abroad appreciate returning home to the safety and security. People who come to America usually do so for this same freedom.

Think of what's best for our country and support these men and women. Irvine and anyone truly valuing all that we are blessed with should support our veterans. This is something the city of Irvine and its people should take the lead on.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline ob1

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 34
  • -Received: 72
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2014, 03:23:55 PM »
This land was originally El Toro MCAS and Five Pointe needs to honor Americans and set aside land to honor our veterans.

Do we value property values, which people assume will drop or the freedom we all enjoy due to the sacrifice?

Why do so many people value America...the freedom that exists and this cemetery is the least we can do. People who travel abroad appreciate returning home to the safety and security. People who come to America usually do so for this same freedom.

Think of what's best for our country and support these men and women. Irvine and anyone truly valuing all that we are blessed with should support our veterans. This is something the city of Irvine and its people should take the lead on.

Hummed Battle Hymn of the Republic while reading this.

Unfortunately, I'm sure most people care more about their property values or Keeping up with the Kardashians for that matter.

Online Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 565
  • -Received: 469
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2014, 03:36:15 PM »

I don't disagree with you and believe that there won't be any protests but just don't be surprised if housing values in the area is depressed.

Offline Kangen.Irvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 76
  • -Received: 25
    • Change Your Water, Change Your Life!
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2014, 03:55:37 PM »
And what a great day for the city of Irvine to choose deserving people over the potential of another dollar.

You want to really increase the value of homes in the GP area, then return to the original great park plan instead of the commercialized excuse for a park consisting of a golf course.

Offline ob1

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 34
  • -Received: 72
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »
And what a great day for the city of Irvine to choose deserving people over the potential of another dollar.

You want to really increase the value of homes in the GP area, then return to the original great park plan instead of the commercialized excuse for a park consisting of a golf course.

You go girl!

Offline ZeroLot

• Shelter Built
  • O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 286
  • -Received: 177
  • Yes, I'm not a guy.
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2014, 08:40:11 PM »

You're preaching to the choir here.  I have no problems with a Veteran's Cemetery in Irvine and I think it's a very honorable idea.  Especially now that you reminded me that the Great Park used be be El Toro (LOVE the days where I watched the Blue Angels perform each summer).

I'm just trying to think of ways to convince the more superstitious crowd that it's NOT all bad.    Guess I'm not doing very well in that department.  I'll stick to just reviewing vendors.
"If you haven't checked with SGIP about mortgage loans, you haven't ZeroLot vetted enough." ~ Irvinehomeowner

"Konara Dek Zero Gra?" ~DothrakIho TI Memes  *Are they Zerolot Approved?

Offline .

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 140
  • -Received: 73
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2014, 08:44:25 PM »

I want another dollar.

I support Veterans Cemetery as long as it is NOT next to my house.

Offline .

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 140
  • -Received: 73
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2014, 08:49:40 PM »
I think this is proposed location

see Img

Offline wrigley

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 8
  • -Received: 16
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »
How do you define "next to your house?"  Probably going to be a good distance from PP, maybe the same or greater than Musick.
If the jail didn't bother buyers I'm sure the cemetery won't.

Besides, we all complain that FCBs keep driving up prices in Irvine, if they're scared off by a few dead soldiers, then that means more affordable homes for the rest of us patriotic 'Mericans!

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 287
  • -Received: 554
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2014, 03:26:17 PM »

Is this a joke? All your emotional words ain't working. (deserving people, freedom)

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 600
  • -Received: 335
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2014, 11:37:24 PM »
There might be a Veterans Cemetery coming at Great Park.

If you don't want to have a Cemetery at Great Park, please go protest tomorrow 07/22 at 3:30pm and don't vote for Larry Agran any more.

http://www.voiceofoc.org/county/article_f3ba519e-10b1-11e4-af02-001a4bcf887a.html

PS.  Really really want to buy Qwerty bat right now
Why would you protest?  This is a cemetery and memorial for ppl that have served and fought for our country.  The great park is huge.  I think it's a nice gesture to our armed forces.

If I knew there will be any cemetery (including Veterans), I will NEVER purchase the house.  If you dont mind Veterans cemetery, I will gladly sell my house to you.

I'd be happy to buy your house at cemetery discount prices.

I'm Asian, and I think cemetery = "quiet neighbors".  If I take my air rifle out to plink, nobody is going to rise from their graves and complain about it.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts