Kaya Soft Tofu new menu and M Cow Restaurant

ZeroLot

I don't know when Kaya revised their menu but the soft tofu here now tastes amazing!!  omg. The line was out the door when I came by Sunday night.

Even the side dishes tastes great too.  Has that fresh flavor to the food. 

I also enjoyed swinging by M Cow Restaurant and picking up a delicious milk tea.  I haven't tried their food yet but their milk tea is sweet and reminds me of Class 302.

ZeroLot said:
No Korean Soft Tofu eaters on this forum???

Haven't been back for a while but I did enjoy their seafood pancake.  I normally hit up kaju instead.  Quality and cleanliness wins.

Haven't gone to a Soft Tofu soup place in awhile.  We usually go to Korean restaurants with a more expansive menu.

If we did go, we would probably go to Koba on Culver.

I like Kaya.  My wife and I have been there a few times.  I like that the ladies make the dumplings fresh right on the table next to you! We will have to go check it out being that it's even better now.

Milk Tea?  Have you had the Hokkaido Milk Tea from Boiling Point?  It's really good.

I eat here at least once a week.  Best Korean Tofu in Irvine hands down. I would recommend going to Tang 190 if you want Galbi Tang, Pork Cutlet, or Bimbibap.  Their ban chan is also my favorite out of all the Korean restaurants.  I always leave here absolutely stuffed. 

+1 on Tang 190, went there for the first time recently, had the squid bibimbap, it was delicious.  The side dishes were decent as well.  Best part is you don't stink afterwards unlike other Korean restaurants.

ps9 said:
+1 on Tang 190, went there for the first time recently, had the squid bibimbap, it was delicious.  The side dishes were decent as well.  Best part is you don't stink afterwards unlike other Korean restaurants.

We didn't like Tang 190.  Yigah in Diamond Jamboree is much better.

Wow, so it's true, no one here on TI actually eats the soft tofu. 

I'm not bibimbap, cutlet, or other more expensive dishes.  I like the mixed soft tofu, straight up with some good side dishes. 

If I wanted the bibimbap or meat dishes, I would go Korean BBQ.  8)

WTTCMN said:
ZeroLot said:
Wow, so it's true, no one here on TI actually eats the soft tofu. 

I'm not bibimbap, cutlet, or other more expensive dishes.  I like the mixed soft tofu, straight up with some good side dishes. 

If I wanted the bibimbap or meat dishes, I would go Korean BBQ.  8)

Soft tofu is more of a girl thing I think so TI is not going to be clamoring for it. My SO doesn't find it that filling and so it's not usually a first choice when it comes to dining out.

Had a horrible experience at Kaju years ago, ordered a beef tofu to go, for whatever reason when I opened the container, there was a pool of blood on the top.  Ordered from them many times in the past but never had this occur.  My theory is they put raw beef in the pot to cook?  I believe you're not suppose to do that as the blood from the cooked meat has no where to go and can create a bad taste.  Usually only cooked meats are added to soups/stews.  I was pretty grossed out and really didn't have a taste for korean tofu after that.  Plus I'm allergic to estrogen which is suppose to be abundant in soy products like tofu. 

ps9 said:
Plus I'm allergic to estrogen which is suppose to be abundant in soy products like tofu.

Now if you put it that way, I understand.  Guess this explains why Mr. Z doesn't eat soft tofu either.

Also sorry about your bad experience with the beef tofu.  I don't ever take it to go so I haven't had such problems.

O Hills said:
Another +1 on Tang.
Good food, good service, good banchan.  Mmmm banchan....

Went to Tang tonight after everyone's suggestion.  Service is good, nice side dishes, and yummy galbitang (short rib soup).  I could have eaten more if they offered more soup.

Just did take out at Dae Myoung Ok (near Mitsuwa). I've had good Korean food from them in the past but tonight was the worst  :( ordered galbi and bulgogi and it tasted like they reheated old meat in the microwave. Even the side dishes were weak sauce.

I will try Kaya or Tang next time. There is too much competition in Irvine for weak Korean food.

Went to MCOW last night... terrible... my pork chop rice was bland, the side dishes seemed stale and tasteless.  The honey lemon tea was super sweet and sugary...

The Taiwanese dry noodles was salty and over cooked... never ever going back!

Back