Wood-burning fire-pits allowed?

Good question. I'm going to go with "yes", at least in LF, because the city has consent forms for bonfires but not for this type. Are you planning to check with them and find out? If so, I'd be curious to know what they say.

It's HOA specific... No go in my HOA which I'm fine with.  I don't want my neighbors embers landing on my house.

We have a neighbor several houses down on our street that has a wood-burning fireplace.  It stinks up everyone's houses- thank god they are not directly next to us.  You can't open up your windows when they have the fireplace on- the whole house will smell terrible.  It's really annoying.  It has really caused for a contentious relationship with the house with the fireplace and the house directly behind it.  So much so, that the angry neighbor has as his Wi-Fi  ID "My neighbor is an ass".  The angry neighbor has even called the police at times.  Now the neighbor with the fireplace never puts on the fire- which is great for all the neighbors, but their backyard is stunning and they must have put $$$$$ into the backyard and they can't enjoy it.

I presume, if it is a built in fireplace, they have it piped with a gas line so they could pretty easily (albeit at a cost) install a nice wood gas log and then still use. However, it does not give the same effect as a real wood burning fireplace, which to me is a beautiful thing. 

Back