drainage system

yaliu07

Hi.  I am currently doing landscape and got couple quotes.  However, everyone drainage price is different.  I also dont know if I need drainage system.  After all, we are living in California.  Do we really have any water problem?  Can anyone share some thoughts about this?

qwerty said:
the builder provides a drainage system. your landscapers may move it or hook up into it.

That's what I thought too.  However, quote for drainage system is 1.5K - 2.5K.  It is more than rip off to just hook up into it.  These landscaping company keep showing me their 4 inch abs drainage system.

yaliu07 said:
Hi.  I am currently doing landscape and got couple quotes.  However, everyone drainage price is different.  I also dont know if I need drainage system.  After all, we are living in California.  Do we really have any water problem?  Can anyone share some thoughts about this?

Yes, you need a drainage system for your backyard landscape/hardscape. I guess you haven't read the stories of people having drainage/water puddle issues in the backyard. (That landscaper was unlicensed last time I checked online)

qwerty said:
the builder provides a drainage system. your landscapers may move it or hook up into it.

Yes, new construction homes comes with a built in drainage system, which any landscaper can move, modify, or use.  I've seen people blindly pave over it or cement right over those drainage systems.  The association will make you dig it all up so the drainage can do its job.

Otherwise if your yard floods, it will flood to the common wall which will cause deterioration and corrosion.

"Happy fences makes happy neighbors." ~ quote from Bob courtesy of Coleman

If the flooding goes towards your house, that's a bigger mess.

My quote says $1500.  Connects into the existing drainage.

jmoney74 said:
My quote says $1500.  Connects into the existing drainage.

Hi jmoney,

Did you get your drainage system done?  We need to get a new drainage system in the backyard.  Would you mind sharing the contact info of the company you used? 

Thanks!

Back