recommendation on cabinets

any of you have recommendation for a good cabinet place? (reasonably priced, good quality) has anyone used cabinets to go? they seem to be pretty decently priced and its located in many places.

anyone here used ikea kitchens? i read some reviews and they seem decent for the price plus they have the 25 year warranty.

Ikea does have some furniture with solid wood, but is mostly made of soft wood like pine.

All of my experience with Ikea furniture have been bad.  I am not familiar with their kitchen stuff, but have bought bed, mattress, sofa, coffee table, dresser, desk, etc from Ikea in my younger days when I couldn't afford the good furniture.  I have been thoroughly disappointed with every single purchase.  They just break down after a few years and are not built to last.  It may be OK as a dorm funiture or kids furniture that you only need for 4-5 years.  When I shopped for furniture for my new house during last few months, Ikea was definitely not on my list.

i know Ikea sounds cheap but after doing all the research, it seems like the kitchen cabinet quality has better reputation than some other cabinets. I think i am going with them since i have a kid and they might ruin them later so i dont want to spend too much money on it but i still want an updated look.  Unless i get a better deal..thanks USC for the post i will check them out too and do a price check.

Check out this site with people who have done IKEA cabinets:http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/...stions-ikea-kitchen-cabinets-or-better-006836

Blueberry East said:
Irvine2Irvine said:
All of my experience with Ikea furniture have been bad.

Really? I love my IKEA bed, mattress, drawer, kid's table, dining table etc.

I also like the restaurant, not because of the food but because it's such a kid friendly place.

Have you moved house since you've owned it?

Blueberry East said:
Just got this email from IKEA indicating that they lowered their kitchen prices.

http://links.ikea-usa.com/servlet/MailView?m=3172550&r=MTk4OTQ0MjA0NzgS1&j=OTgwNzIwNjAS1&mt=1

great thanks! this is the same cabinet style and color i saw at builder's plus, they were asking for $2900 for a 8x10. Ikea gives 10 or 25 year warrenty so i think its a better deal at ikea.

Back