The Residences of Orchard Hills - Pros and Cons

Which of the Irvine Pacific residences in Orchard Hills II was UNIQUE and best built to satisfy pros

• Entrada Residence 1 (based off of Santa Maria Residence 1)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entrada Residence 2 (based off of Santa Maria Residence 2)

• Entrada Residence 2X (based off of Santa Maria Residence 2X with hint of basing off from Casero Resi

• Entrada Residence 3 (based off of Santa Maria Residence 3)

• Vista Scena Residence 1 (based off of Cambria Residence 1)

• Vista Scena Residence 2 (based off of Cambria Residence 2)

• Vista Scena Residence 3 (based off of Marigold Residence 2)

• Vista Scena Residence 3X/3Y (based off of Cambria Residence 3)

• Corte Bella Residence 3X (based off of Cortona Residence 1/Maricopa Residence 1)

• Terrazza Residence 1 (based off of Saratoga Residence 1)

• Terrazza Residence 2 (based off of Saratoga Residence 2)

• Strada Residence 1 (based off of Mendocino 1; sister-plan to Laurel 1)

• Strada Residence 2 (based off of Mendocino 2; sister-plan to Laurel 2)

• Total voters

ip

I will start of this discussion with my choices:
1. Corte Bella Residence 2
2. PRIOR DRAFT OF Strada Residence 3/3X

Corte Bella Residence 2 will be a big hit among Asian parents because many value single-story homes as being truly not space-conservative. With a downstairs laundry (which some people prefer), a downstairs master bedroom, living and dining room, kitchen, launch, laundry, and coats with nothing above them, this home will be the least harmed of ALL homes in Orchard Hills if an earthquake strikes. The yard is small, but what do you expect for a home in Irvine? The master bedroom has access to the backyard and there is a walk-in pantry in the kitchen. I would have preferred a walk-in-closet NOT in the bathroom, but I am willing to accept that. There are 3 bedrooms, a parlor which can be converted to a formal living room, and an upstairs loft all in 1922 square feet. For a small upstairs area, it has a walk-in-closet in a secondary bedroom, a bathroom with the toilet and bathtub separated from the double sinks, and a huge deck that could potentially have nice views of Northwood High School and the surrounding orchards. The corner lot it inhabits is nice. I am further willing to sacrifice the driveway, for not many homes in Irvine have it either (with the exclusion of Beachwood by Lennar). The location the tract is in is, in my opinion, better than Strada's with the looming orchards and the split school district and many homes within it will possess some of the best views in Orchard Hills (not to insult Trevi). The only problems with its location are the nearby dam (which could break and inundate Orchard Hills II) and the Bowerman Landfill (Corte Bella being the closest to it). In my opinion, Corte Bella Residence 2 may appreciate the most in Orchard Hills II, due in part to its "comparatively low" property tax and its minimal HOA for its nice location in Irvine. If Irvine Pacific truly upholds its belief that "detached condominium owners actually own the land their homes sit on", I am willing to buy this home before 2 years is over if I had the money.

Before Strada Residence 3/3X plans were determined, ps9 posted a draft of the original floorplan for Strada Residence 3/3X on TalkIrvine. In the 3X floorplan, the porch was two-story tall and 2690ish square feet could hold up to 5 bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms. This is super efficient, with each bedroom having its own en-suite bathroom. A downstairs bedroom and walk-in-pantry helped add to this sense of expansiveness and a full driveway made this residence a true single-family home. The downstairs bedroom would have had 3-sided views of the street and driveway, if it was the 3X plan. The upstairs master bedroom would have had a walk-in-closet in the bathroom (which other people might prefer). The laundry room is decently sized with views of the porch down below. The yards for some lots could be decent and the proximity to the orchards, Orchard Vista Park, and both Orchard Hills School and Northwood High School make Strada a better location than some other areas in Orchard Hills. Entrada and Vista Scena are at higher elevations than Strada, but they are attached. The Tuscan exterior can make the residences in Strada nice. The only two things that I do not care about Strada are:

1. Split districts (although it could allow a choice of districts for homebuyers)
2. No gate (compared to the Groves in Orchard Hills)

The current Strada floorplan for Residence 3/3X is REALLY bad, I know.

Opinions???

"Overall" property tax is horribly deceptive. When you add HOA ... OMG!!!

Entrada 1: says 1.5%, actually 2.33%
Entrada 3: says 1.5%, actually 2.16%
Vista Scena 1: says 1.5%, actually 2.23%
Vista Scena 3X: says 1.5%, actually 2.11%
Corte Bella 1: says 1.5%, actually 1.78%
Corte Bella 3: says 1.5%, actually 1.74%
Terrazza 1: says 1.5%, actually 1.77%
Terrazza 2: says 1.5%, actually 1.75%
Strada 1: says 1.5%, actually 1.83%
Strada 3: says 1.5%, actually 1.74%

Capella 1: says 1.5%, actually 1.75%
Trevi 1: says 1.5%, actually 1.62%

??? said:

Well...considering HOA fees are not property taxes...I don't know how that's deceiving.

??? said:

You make a good point. When people look at the models, first thing ask HOA and MR. Also, most of the time the models are upgraded. So you have to keep that in minds and add that to the total price.

Back