Future Irvine Developments

Of the following neighborhoods, which displays the best design, location, and home elevations?

• Cypress Village

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Stonegate (does not include Stonegate East)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Northwood Paseo (solely based on location)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Orchard Hills IUSD Side ONLY

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

ip

If I purchase a home in Irvine in the future, I would like to know others' opinions as well.

thatOSguy said:
ps9 said:
new homes only?  what not resales?

The obsession with "new" is only trumped by the obsession with IUSD.

If the OP actually cared about the schools, she/he would spend more time comparing school quality for each of the listed developments. Instead, "IUSD SIDE ONLY!!1!!one!"

Like hiding under a blanket believing in its protection.

lol i was going to say.. IUSD SIDE ONLY!  wow.. the Gated side is way nicer and I reckon your kid will probably do the same with either school districts.

eyephone said:
ps9 said:

Good point. I noticed a lot of new peeps are obsessed with the new construction.

Not sure if it's obsessed.. but peeps got their preferences.  It's like new or used car.. THAT NEW HOUSE SMELL YO!

jmoney74 said:
eyephone said:
ps9 said:

Good point. I noticed a lot of new peeps are obsessed with the new construction.

Not sure if it's obsessed.. but peeps got their preferences.  It's like new or used car.. THAT NEW HOUSE SMELL YO!
Haha

Only if the new peeps know how much MORE money it is. If you want all the upgrades, back yard landscape, window dressing, new furniture, new washer and dryer, new tv.  ;)

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
eyephone said:
ps9 said:

Haha

Only if the new peeps know how much MORE money it is. If you want all the upgrades, back yard landscape, window dressing, new furniture, new washer and dryer, new tv.  ;)

F you going to do with your old TV?  That wall wants something new on it.  ;)

all kidding aside.  I had bids on resale and got on list for new construction.  Almost priced out the same way at times.. maybe I could have found a "bargain" but it is tough to be competitive in Irvine with the resales.  Anything that is a really good deal would be swooped up by ALL DAT CASH.  So in essence.. PP was a good fit for me.  Not sure anymore though.. the last phase is now priced almost 100K from when I bought.  It's closer to being equal now to the IP homes out there. 

So does new cost a lot more than resale?  depends on the resale right?  When I put my bid in for the resale home.. it was in pretty good condition.. but just not the way I wanted things.  The flooring wasn't exactly what we wanted and has seen some years weathered in.  So I would have had to upgrade that.  Definitely the paint.  Kitchen needed some upgrades.. maybe some other small upgrades in the bathrooms.  New furniture.. that depends on what type of wife you have.  lol.  My wife would have wanted new furniture either way to match up with the new digs.  Windows dressing sure.. but hopefully it already has the shutters.  new washer/dryer.. not necessary.. you can always bring your old TV/Washer/Dryer over.  The big ticket is the landscaping and that's where things get priced in for resales as well. 

buying new is probably the surest way to get a choice lot, in terms of lot size/shape, view, orientation..etc
Plus some people prefer to customize from the start.
Also it is easier for renters or FCBs because the timing is exact; so it is more convenient that way - the time between signing a contract to closed escrow is about 6 months.

Otherwise I agree buying resale gives you more value.

Back