Talk Irvine - The Blog. Contributors Wanted.

socal78

We have an all-purpose blog in the works. If you have a special area of interest or expertise and would like to be added as a co-contributor to make detail-oriented blog posts, please PM me. I will need your gmail address in order to send you an invitation.

Is there any news on when we are going to "get our blog on"?

I think if we get Erika Chavez to put TalkIrvine on her blog roll... it would help with views.

What would be good is if we had the individual blogs like:

cycling.talkirvine.com
education.talkirvine.com
3cargarage.talkirvine.com

... listed on the main blog and then each article of the day/week/whatever frequency would be front page and if you click on it, it goes to the sub-blog article page.

This way you maintain both the main blogs and the sub-blogs at the same time. It's sort of how Larry categorized his main blog posts but for TalkIrvine it would be the sub-blogs as the categories.

Since petah has his up and running we can start with that until we build up the other ones like cayci's Art&Entertainment or graph's ForeclosureInfo or IR2's (gasp) Irvine Real Estate updates.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]What would be good is if we had the individual blogs like:

cycling.talkirvine.com
education.talkirvine.com
3cargarage.talkirvine.com

... listed on the main blog and then each article of the day/week/whatever frequency would be front page and if you click on it, it goes to the sub-blog article page.

This way you maintain both the main blogs and the sub-blogs at the same time. It's sort of how Larry categorized his main blog posts but for TalkIrvine it would be the sub-blogs as the categories.

Since petah has his up and running we can start with that until we build up the other ones like cayci's Art&Entertainment or graph's ForeclosureInfo or IR2's (gasp) Irvine Real Estate updates.[/quote]

I agree, the reason why we kept the Cycling Blog seperate is because there are very few present TI Members interested enough in Cycling to read it but it can draw Traffic from outside, so maybe everyone can help by sending the Link to Cyclist friends to spread the word....

I intend to keep a balance between "Cycling in and around Irvine" and some general stuff too to encourage Cycling Fans in general general to visit...

I'm thinking about doing a Post that will interest People looking to come on a Cycling Vacation to this area, Links to good, inexpensive Hotels with easy access to the Backbay so they can ride north and south from there on the PCH, also, a good place for Bike Rentals etc etc.

Can anyone recommend Hotels or Guest Houses in this area?

Normally Cyclists are looking for a "nice" Room, reasonably priced with good access to Cycling Routes so they can ride from the Hotel rather than have to load Bikes into a Car and drive, although Disneyland Hotels are are popular can you imagine Cycling on the Streets to reach the Beach?

Which reminds me, I need to update the Blog :-[

In addition to the 'Comments' section on each blog post that automatically comes with each article, you may want to include in the article a link to a forum thread so we can cross-view the two areas.

The forum thread would have the link to the blog article and discussion can take place in either area (I always wanted that for the IHB blog).

[quote author="peteruk"]I've started the Cycling Blog but I'm not smart enough to Blog about anything else...;-(

[/quote]

I'm kinda disappointed, at least someone could have replied "You're not that Dim PeterUK...at least you're only 90% Moron...

this is gonna be me for the next 15 minutes :'(

Oh, and no sympathy posts please, it's too late now :mad:

Peter, I only read the first blog, but I did send it a few people who are into bicycling. So yeah, as you know, people only forward/endorse material that is worth of it..

A small modification of IHO's idea:

Blog about Irvine/ Tustin( the ones that West Irvine kids attend) Schools. We can all pitch in and write about the schools our children attend. It will be a good first hand report for someone new.

[quote author="Cubic Zirconia"]Peter, I only read the first blog, but I did send it a few people who are into bicycling. So yeah, as you know, people only forward/endorse material that is worth of it..
[/quote]

Thanks Cz, I was J/K.... ;D

So let me get this right, each Blog update should have a Link back to TI? Where should the Link lead to? The main page or..?

Back