Jasmine at Cypress Village vs. Vista Scena at Orchard Hills vs. Colibri at PS

Which of the three neighborhoods would you choose?

• Jasmine at Cypress Village

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Vista Scena at Orchard Hills

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Colibri at Portola Springs

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Marigold at Cypress Village (less likely)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Entrada at Orchard Hills (less likely)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ip

I am considering one of the 3 (5 possibly) neighborhoods. What would you say? Why? Thanks.

PS is a terrible location.  OH is essentially PS 2.0 with another terrible location, unless you get a view lot at La Vita or Trevi.  Therefore Jasmine.

test said:
PS is a terrible location.  OH is essentially PS 2.0 with another terrible location, unless you get a view lot at La Vita or Trevi.  Therefore Jasmine.

Location is subjective.  If you work in the Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch business area, Colibri is the better location.  If you work in the Irvine Business district, OH could be the better location. 

But for "best value", I agree with eyephone on Colibri.

going thru a similar dilemna ourselves based on locations, although we have narrowed down to OH and CV (for now). the interesting thing is they aren't all that far from each other (mileage wise at least, but each area does have a different "feel" for sure). PS may have some resurgence in the future given elementary school opening this year and I saw bulldozers/land grading on the lot adjacent, wondering if they are planning some retail there. hard to ignore the "value" component in PS

SunnyG said:
going thru a similar dilemna ourselves based on locations, although we have narrowed down to OH and CV (for now). the interesting thing is they aren't all that far from each other (mileage wise at least, but each area does have a different "feel" for sure). PS may have some resurgence in the future given elementary school opening this year and I saw bulldozers/land grading on the lot adjacent, wondering if they are planning some retail there. hard to ignore the "value" component in PS

According to the salesperson at Sage II, more housing for those land adjacent to the elementary school all the way to Irvine Blvd.

GH said:
test said:

Location is subjective.  If you work in the Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch business area, Colibri is the better location.  If you work in the Irvine Business district, OH could be the better location. 

But for "best value", I agree with eyephone on Colibri.

From what I read from another thread on TI, Colbri prices are around phase 1 prices. (you have to verify)

I prefer CV over OH but I like being closer to the freeway than the foothills (just not right next to the freeway).

But that's why I like QH, it's 'hills + freeway' (as opposed to the more FCB sought 'hills + gate').

irvinehomeowner said:
I prefer CV over OH but I like being closer to the freeway than the foothills (just not right next to the freeway).

But that's why I like QH, it's 'hills + freeway' (as opposed to the more FCB sought 'hills + gate').

I'm not FCB, but I place value on 'gate minus freeway'. 

To me, a good chunk of CV including Jasmine feels like it's right next to the freeway.  Freeway = noise + air pollution concerns.  Plus OH isn't that far from the 5 freeway - maybe 5 minutes, 10 minutes if you hit all red lights and it's busy.  Can't comment on PS, since I've never been up there but the proximity to the landfill would knock that out of the running for me personally. 

Smashed said:
Can't comment on PS, since I've never been up there but the proximity to the landfill would knock that out of the running for me personally. 

wasnt there a disclosure for OH that it used to be dump site? 

irvinehomeowner said:

Maybe that's why LA so is popular something for everyone:  hills + freeway + gate

If you are patient there will be quite a few more new developments coming up in Portola Springs, Great Park and north of Stonegate (Planning area 5B). I live in Portola Springs and wish I lived in the Woodbridge / Westpark area (That was where I wanted to live originally as well but I got a much better price in Portola Springs).

For us thought it's been really nice living in Portola Springs since we are new to the area and have young children which is the case for a lot of our neighbors as well. In Portola Springs we were able to get the short work commute (mine is 6mi traffic free), great schools, master planned community, etc. at a significant discount.

Back