Cariz at Portola Springs
Built by TRI Pointe
3-Story Townhomes
1230 to 2048 Square Feet
7 Different Plans Available
None Have Separate Shower and Bath

Cariz-640x420-large.jpg

Let's hope TRI Pointe doesn't reck its good reputation from Messina!  >:D

Prices set to start at the Low 400s, making this the cheapest available new home property available in Irvine.

Grand Opening was today, went with my son and he didn't vomit but I almost did when I sampled the complimentary sliders.  Had some very weird plasticy taste and I didn't have the heart to spit it out in front of the nice lady who served it, but the rest of it went in the trash.

Price sheet attached - these are all god awful, all 3 stories with steep stairs and everything feels very cramped.  The sales lady was following out an older couple when I was going in and asking them why they weren't interested in purchasing.  Got kind of awkward, you could tell they were turned off by the models but she was persistent. 

Definitely the least crowded I've seen of any recent opening.  They have a ton of inventory, will see how long it takes them to unload.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,129
I wonder how long it'll take builders to realize that if they pack in 1500-2000 square feet in 4 stories that they'll be able to build even more units on the same amount of land.

aquabliss said:
Grand Opening was today, went with my son and he didn't vomit but I almost did when I sampled the complimentary sliders.  Had some very weird plasticy taste and I didn't have the heart to spit it out in front of the nice lady who served it, but the rest of it went in the trash.

Price sheet attached - these are all god awful, all 3 stories with steep stairs and everything feels very cramped.  The sales lady was following out an older couple when I was going in and asking them why they weren't interested in purchasing.  Got kind of awkward, you could tell they were turned off by the models but she was persistent. 

Definitely the least crowded I've seen of any recent opening.  They have a ton of inventory, will see how long it takes them to unload.

Cypress Village has a lot of options starting in the 400s (Acacia, Zinnia, Caserta). How do they compare? Cariz is similar to many Irvine area apartments and payments could be lower than rent depending on the mello-roos and HOAs.

quattroporte said:
three stories and tandem garages, should sell fast......
The builder will be hurting bad with this white elephant.  I expect price drops in the very near future.  This was a FAIL before it even opened!

aquabliss said:

What would have been funny if those potential buyers would have told the sales person that the floor plans were horrible....now that would have been awkward yet priceless at the same time.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
The builder will be hurting bad with this white elephant.  I expect price drops in the very near future.  This was a FAIL before it even opened!

Someone's gotta block the 133.  By that measure it's a great success!

test said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Most of the time with any loser there is a winner and the winner are the folks on the west part of Pavilion Park who will benefit from sound barrier called Cariz.  So I guess you are right.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
test said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Most of the time with any loser there is a winner and the winner are the folks on the west part of Pavilion Park who will benefit from sound barrier called Cariz.  So I guess you are right.  haha

It seems that they just see the glass half empty and complain that Cariz will be peering down into their yard.

They released phase 3 last weekend (3/14) and sold 16 of 18 available. Model 1 and 1X pricing up to 469.9k and 499.9k respectively...

Just wondering, their 4 bedrooms 1900sqft townhomes seem very well priced (600k) compared to nearby communities such as Woodbury or Stonegate. Obviously the 3 floor floorplans is a big con. But is there other reasons why the units are cheaper than nearby communities? A 2 bedroom 1300-1400sqft in Stonegate go for about 550k+

yoyo2012 said:
Just wondering, their 4 bedrooms 1900sqft townhomes seem very well priced (600k) compared to nearby communities such as Woodbury or Stonegate. Obviously the 3 floor floorplans is a big con. But is there other reasons why the units are cheaper than nearby communities? A 2 bedroom 1300-1400sqft in Stonegate go for about 550k+

You answered your own question: 3 floors and in PS

But what is wrong about PS? It is right next to Stonegate so really it's just as remote. Also, it's right by the great park upscale neighborhoods.

What will be different between PS and Stonegate once it's fully built?

Back