Alternate "Irvines"

Great Thread Topic thatOSguy.

I would also love to hear what other TI members have to say.

Aliso Viejo feels Irvine-ish to me.

As does Tustin Ranch.

Not sure if those really count because they are close to Irvine.

When we travel, we go to very urban places so I haven't really experienced a suburbia out of Cali that's alt.Irvine.

If you go South County, I guess you can throw in Las Flores and Ladera Ranch.

I haven't been to Rancho Mission Viejo yet, is that alt.Irvine?

O.S., just curious, are you considering moving elsewhere? I thought you recently bought in Irvine, no? I have been spotty keeping up with Irvine threads.

I agree, Highlands Ranch's mention in this thread is well deserved. I came **VERY** close to moving to Highlands Ranch. My husband is/was a rocket scientist. He was offered a position at the famous United Launch Alliance (ULA) there in Colorado. Highland Ranch is only 15 minutes away and looks like it has so much to offer especially for a native from master-planned Orange County. Well, anyway, Mr. SoCal pulled the rip cord on the entire plan and took a job in Irvine instead. But if we ever arrive there in the future, it would still be one of the places at the top of my short list.

thatOSguy said:
TRanch most definitely, but it is on the Irvine Ranch and was either influenced directly or indirectly by TIC.

Anyone been to Mississauga in Ontario, Canada? Canadian Irvine if there ever was one. They don't have the same logo like Valencia but it is awfully similar.

To qualify as an alt.Irvine, I think the community must have, at minimum:

1) A village concept
2) Common area > private space
3) Bland

I'd throw in these for bonus points:

1) Trails connecting the villages
2) A single master developer that dominates the city
3) Master plan that spans decades
4) Parallel village concepts (one or more with a Man-made LakeBridge?, Walkbury?, GuardgatePark?, SeasideAltura?, FauxHill?, GolfcourseCreek?)

I would add good schools. That seems to be the one that makes it a huge difference between living in Irvine and its neighbor cities.

Back