Vista Scena at Orchard Hills

ip

2 OR 3-UNIT EXTERIORS
2-units have Plan 2 on the left, Plan 3X or 3Y on the right (all units are only attached by garage)
3-units have Plan 2 on the left (only garage attached), Plan 1 in the middle, and Plan 3 on the right with side entrance

NORTHERN ITALIAN
Plan 2
VistaScena-AG-640x420-large.jpg

Plan 3
VistaScena-CG-640x420-large.jpg

Plan 3X
VistaScena-BG-640x420-large.jpg

MONTEREY
Plan 2 with Plan 1's deck visible
VistaScena-AE-640x420-large.jpg

Plan 2 with Plan 3X
VistaScena-BE-640x420-large.jpg

FORMAL SPANISH
Plan 2 and Plan 3X
VistaScena-BC-640x420-large.jpg

Plan 2 and Plan 3Y
VistaScena-AC-640x420-large.jpg

Orchard Hills Village II Community Association: $196 per month at build-out
Vista Scena Neighborhood Association: $189 per month at build-out
Base Property Tax: 1.06%
AD Tax: $1750 per year
CFD Tax: $1700 per year
Other Taxes: $162 per year
Overall Effective Tax Rate: 1.5% (pretty low)

Homesite 81  133 Rodeo  Northern Italian 1  $702,000 (ironically all of the brochures said high 600s)
Homesite 84    103 Rodeo  Monterey 1  $702,000

Homesite 78  127 Rodeo  Formal Spanish 2  $738,000
Homesite 80  131 Rodeo  Northern Italian 2  $738,000
Homesite 85  101 Hayseed  Monterey 2  $748,000

Homesite 82  135 Rodeo  Northern Italian 3  $780,000
Homesite 83  105 Rodeo  Monterey 3            $775,000

Homesite 79    129 Rodeo  Formal Spanish 3Y  $785,000 (100 sf larger than Plan 3 and only attached by garage)

The Model Plan 3 had a large front yard, but it is rare in the entire tract. The models are on the side of the tract closer to Corte Bella, but the first phase homes are on the side closer to Strada. When I entered the model Plan 1, an Indian family was amused by a rolling shoe closet underneath the staircase (it was pretty clever). All of the homes had decent-sized yards (in terms of Irvine homes).

The Plan 2 going for $748,000 (I would say) is on the best part of the entire tract. It is across from a huge parking area that could hold 9 vehicles. Attached to only a Plan 1 by a garage, it will have side views from the staircase and the master bedroom of the orchards. Past the parking lot is the pool in Orchard Terrace Park. You only share the parking lot with 3 other homes (3 spaces for each home). Like I said before, Vista Scena is at a much higher elevation than Strada (hopefully they do not look down on Strada). The first phase release will also be in close proximity to Orchard Vista Park with another pool. The orchards loom down on all of the homes east of Culver, but they are truly nice to look at. The side of Vista Scena close to Corte Bella and Corte Bella itself will have nice views of the high school and (Los Angeles?) past Twisted Oak Street. Pinkberry was there, but they had too many leftovers and were begging visitors to take as many as they could. The yogurt was horrible (I have tasted Pinkberry before). They did not even provide spoons, saying that they ran out! We had to slurp from them!!! There were plenty of Snapples available. To get the brochure for an Irvine Pacific neighborhood, you had to sign an information card (so you could not potentially come back and try to claim the commission). I will post Corte Bella information a little later. There were very few people at Orchard Hills when we were there. There were plenty of spaces in the parking lot and the line for both trams was only a few people long. The trams were convenient and cool. We did not visit the Resort at all.  :)

Funny how a girl in Vista Scena was looking out from the master bedroom's window and saying "Ooh, mommy, look at the view." The mother then said "Honey, there will be no view. We'll just be looking at our neighbor's backyard."  :)

Note the floorplans:

Plan 3 now has an OPTIONAL extension of the cabinets into the dining "area" &
Amusingly, the Plan 3Y's garage is labeled "Direct Access to the Rear Yard" (must be that people are confused between the difference of Plans 3X and 3Y). In that case, most of the garages in villagesofirvine.com should say "Direct Access to the Rear Yard" too. The way that IP is butchering the prices, they might just start charging more for the Plan 3Y because it has a "Direct Access to the Rear Yard".

Vista Scena not doing well either. 8 of the 10 homes are sold, with no waiting list (it seems). Parking lot was more crowded with people in every model. Homes facing the park were all sold. An Asian family cringed when the saleslady recommended that they consider the homes in the Grove (ha, ha, why would they be looking at Vista Scena then???).

Phase 2 Pricing)

Plan 1) $708,000 (+$6,000)
Plan 2) $740,500 (+$2,500)
Plan 3) $775,000 (no change)
Plan 3X) $782,000 (new)
Plan 3Y) $785,000 (no change)

Looks like it's doing O.K.  :(

In case anyone still cares about this development...

Price comparison Phase One (May 2014) vs. Phase 10 (now) - NOTE Current phases now include Full Backyard, Washer, Dryer, Refrigerator and at least $25K in other upgrades

Residence One $702K to $736K
Residence Two $739K to $785K
Residence Three $775K to $833K
Residence Three X $785 to $830K

In 22 months they have sold 73 units, 9 are currently available, 106 are in future phases. 3.3 units per month.

Attachments

• Vista Scena Prices.jpg
    Vista Scena Prices.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 615
  • Vista Scena Site.jpg
    Vista Scena Site.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 489
  • Vista Scena Sales One.jpg
    Vista Scena Sales One.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 492
  • Vista Scena Sales Two.jpg
    Vista Scena Sales Two.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 658
Roughly the same size house (and design) as Petaluma, Jasmine, and San Mateo, but attached with double HOA. 

When touring this condo, pay attention to the overhang board (patio covering)  out of the master bedroom window, it is unsightly, to me it looks like low income housing. I expect better material from this pricing. Vista to me is priced at the very top already, hence very slow sales or no sales. They are unable to reduce the price hence the give aways, but still unattractive with the high price & HOA (almost $400/mnth!!). It actually feels the overall Irvine market is fatigue & topped out at these prices, Eastwood is selling well, but others seem to be struggling and this is suppose to be the season (Spring) for sellers?

So what's going on with Vista Scena?

Corte Bella sold out a while ago, Strada and Entrada are nearly sold out, Terrazza is picking up.

As far as build progress, it seems like TIC not wasting any time constructing Vista Scenas.  I heard recently they had about 100 80+ homes remaining in the project.

Are they selling?  Any big time incentives being offered?  Why do you think they're the last non gated OH neighborhood to sell in this section of the village?

someguy said:

Corte Bella sold out a while ago, Strada and Entrada are nearly sold out, Terrazza is picking up.

As far as build progress, it seems like TIC not wasting any time constructing Vista Scenas.  I heard recently they had about 100 80+ homes remaining in the project.

Who did you "hear" this from? They currently have 4 home sites available with 62 in future phases plus 3 model homes. Since March 21 they have sold 38 homes - about 6.3 a month. Not a great sales pace but much better than before March of this year. I "heard" that sales have picked up in the past three months - just like Terrazza did. Wonder if Eastwood pricing sent some people over to OH?

Attachments

• Vista Scena Availability.jpg
    Vista Scena Availability.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 215
  • Vista Scena Prices.jpg
    Vista Scena Prices.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 318
  • Vista Scena Options.jpg
    Vista Scena Options.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 234
  • Vista Scena Site.jpg
    Vista Scena Site.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 213
someguy said:
I heard recently they had about 100 80+ homes remaining in the project.

DrTravel said:
Who did you "hear" this from? They currently have 4 home sites available with 62 in future phases plus 3 model homes. Since March 21 they have sold 38 homes

From the sales people sometime between March 21 when they had 107 unsold homes and today when they have 69 unsold homes ;)

someguy said:

This is why.

paydawg said:
Roughly the same size house (and design) as Petaluma, Jasmine, and San Mateo, but attached with double HOA

Vista Scena is one of the most expensive attached product and double HOA certainly don't help.  People just prefer detached more than the attached one. 

I'm wondering what they're gonna do with that decent sized corner of land at the corner of Working Ranch and Crescent Moon? It's almost big enough for a home-site, so i hope it's a nice grassy park-ish area and not a bunch of mulch and a tree.

Back