2nd hand smoke

stromung

How to deal with it?  I live in a detach condo at stonegate, I spent an hour in my yard with my young kids almost everyday?

throw the smoke right back to them

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/H-1196/Warehouse-Fans-Heaters-and-AC/36-Portable-Standard-Drum-Fan?pricode=WY872&gadtype=pla&id=71303103322&gclid=CMOS0MmRt74CFcxZ7AodVyoA0A

Can you complain to the HOA? Can you talk to the neighbor and let them know of your trouble?

Sam78 said:
Can you complain to the HOA? Can you talk to the neighbor and let them know of your trouble?

These neighbors.. they from China right? yea yea.. thas raccist.

stromung said:
How to deal with it?  I live in a detach condo at stonegate, I spent an hour in my yard with my young kids almost everyday?

I had a similar issue when new renters moved in next door to us.  Just be polite and let them know that you spend time with your kids outside and you are concerned.  For us, it thankfully worked.  Not perfect, but a lot better than "all the time." 

If that doesnt work, then escalate.  Good luck!

It's a valid concern.

Your neighbors have the right to smoke cigarettes. If they are leaving cigarette butts on your property or near your property, take pictures and inform the HOA.

Not sure how well you can enforce not smoking on their own property, especially out in open air.

But that's why you need:

big-lots-store.jpg

Not yet, probably I should.  I'd rather do that instead of talking to my neighboor. So far only one neighboor.  It annoys me because he wakes up around 6am and smoke while my windows are usually opened especially these past weeks.  I just wanted to know if there was similar situation had happened in the past around here.

stromung said:
Not yet, probably I should.  I'd rather do that instead of talking to my neighboor. So far only one neighboor.  It annoys me because he wakes up around 6am and smoke while my windows are usually opened especially these past weeks.  I just wanted to know if there was similar situation had happened in the past around here.

Just yell out.... "Um I ordered the Zima not EMPHYSEMA!!!"

it sucks but its your choice to leave the windows open in the morning.  we are vegetarian and hate when neighbors bbq, esp if its a really strong smelling fish. 

buy some high quality e-cigs and give it as a gift...say that your friends have had luck using these to quit smoking

Won't you just talk to him. Tell him that you have a kid, ask him if he can smoke in the back or front of the house (which ever spot is better for you).

I'm sure he will understand when you talk to him vs. him getting a letter from the HOA saying that one of the neighbors are complaining due to the excessive cigarette smoke.

Back