Why is Irvine so windy??

I understand there is Santa Ana Wind.  I am currently living in Rowland Height area, and I dont feel that windy.  However, I visited Pavilions Park and I felt extreme windy.

yaliu07 said:
I understand there is Santa Ana Wind.  I am currently living in Rowland Height area, and I dont feel that windy.  However, I visited Pavilions Park and I felt extreme windy.
What did you have for lunch? :)

The wind blows away the dirt on buildings.. that's why Irvine is so clean.

yaliu07 said:

when there is wind, i could see why Pavillion park would feel more windy, there is a lot of open space around it. i live in columbus square in tustin and because there is just open land around from the military base there are less obstacles for the wind.

qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:

when there is wind, i could see why Pavillion park would feel more windy, there is a lot of open space around it. i live in columbus square in tustin and because there is just open land around from the military base there are less obstacles for the wind.

that makes sense.  Thanks

yaliu07 said:

yeah we went to go look at the melrose homes in PP this past weekend and i forget which plan had a balcony that overlooked the clubhousee and pool area, but the wind was making the inside of the house feel like a little wind tunnel.

Yeah, and it can't decide which way to blow either.  One day it's on-shore, which makes all the leaves blow in through the back of my store.  The next day it's on-shore and all the leaves blow in the front of the store.  I've actually been using a leaf blower inside.  lol

Back