Grid Panels

ZeroLot

Here's a pic of my grid panels.  Premiere Garage came to install it and it took them 20 minutes to install and help me put up all the items on the wall.  Love it!!

gridbars.jpg

The grid panels and all it's accessories are made by Organized Living.  You can buy them all over the web including Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Organized-Living-7115-5700-50-Grid/dp/B002XUKW2Q

That look really nice and look like it can hold quite a few weight and hang a lot of stuff on it.  Thanks for sharing.

Do you think this is something one can easily do-it-yourself or you would definitely recommend professionals? 

The Grid Panels are $50 each and I have 4 of them.

All panels must be installed into wall studs.  It's totally possible to DIY but we don't have the drill to achieve the results needed for this project.  Buying the drill just for this project would not be cost effective for us.

If you have a super powerful professional drill you can DIY and save money.

I also paid extra for the many hooks I have.  I have one bike hook, tennis hook, and 5 additional various hooks.  Hooks can range anywhere from $20 to $70 a hook.  They are sold for cheaper online but then factoring in shipping it evens out.  However if I DIY for the panels I could have gotten a bundle online and saved me some money.

Chris at Premiere Garage helped me figure out the hooks I needed.  I showed him the items I wanted on the wall and he selected the hooks I needed for each item.  So that service was well worth paying a few extra bucks to having a professional install.

ZeroLot said:
The Grid Panels are $50 each and I have 4 of them.

All panels must be installed into wall studs.  It's totally possible to DIY but we don't have the drill to achieve the results needed for this project.  Buying the drill just for this project would not be cost effective for us.

If you have a super powerful professional drill you can DIY and save money.

I also paid extra for the many hooks I have.  I have one bike hook, tennis hook, and 5 additional various hooks.  Hooks can range anywhere from $20 to $70 a hook.  They are sold for cheaper online but then factoring in shipping it evens out.  However if I DIY for the panels I could have gotten a bundle online and saved me some money.

Chris at Premiere Garage helped me figure out the hooks I needed.  I showed him the items I wanted on the wall and he selected the hooks I needed for each item.  So that service was well worth paying a few extra bucks to having a professional install.

ZeroLot,

If it is Amazon Prime let me know next time and I can order it for you with no shipping charges. :)

Somehow I think if I got this thing, those items would come off the grid one by one over the course of a few weeks, and never find their way back onto it.

I  like it!  I think I am going to have to do this.  I am a handy guy with lots of tools (used frequently before the kids era of my life) so it will be a DIY project.

I'll need someone to build an overhead shelf for me in the garage.  Store all of the Christmas items up there. 

irvinehomeowner said:
jmoney74 said:
I'll need someone to build an overhead shelf for me in the garage.  Store all of the Christmas items up there. 
Above garage storage racks will set you free:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,1029.0.html

But go with ps9's ToppRax company... those look much sturdier than the ones we installed.

above garage storage racks are for the chumps that only have a two car garage. a three car garage will set you free :)

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
jmoney74 said:

But go with ps9's ToppRax company... those look much sturdier than the ones we installed.

above garage storage racks are for the chumps that only have a two car garage. a three car garage will set you free :)

I HAVE FEELINGS TOO YOU KNOW!

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
jmoney74 said:

A three car garage with racks will allow you to fly.....or set up a mini home theater with walls since we generally don't have basements here.....

When I was up in Minneapolis for work and visited a co-worker, I asked to see his basement.  It was 1,600SF of concrete heaven.  I just imagined what my dream home theater would look like in there......

Garage space is like hard drive space.  The more space you have, the more junk you will accumulate to fill the space up.  So, a 3 car garage will not set you free.  You probably need a 6 car garage to set you free...for now.  :p

ordered two of the organized living grid panels and hooks yesterday from amazon. ill time myself against the 20 minutes it took premier garage to install them. got my stud finder, laser level and power drill all ready to go.

irvinehomeowner said:
But just like a big hard drive, it's nice to know you can always just clear junk out to make room for useful stuff.

That's good advise if your family doesn't grow in population.  >:D

qwerty said:
ordered two of the organized living grid panels and hooks yesterday from amazon. ill time myself against the 20 minutes it took premier garage to install them. got my stud finder, laser level and power drill all ready to go.

Cool!  Let me know how long it takes you.  I also liked how they picked out the hooks for me based on the items I wanted to hang.  Did you pick out your hooks yet??

ZeroLot said:
qwerty said:

Cool!  Let me know how long it takes you.  I also liked how they picked out the hooks for me based on the items I wanted to hang.  Did you pick out your hooks yet??

I ordered 4 hooks. They get here today, those were prime shipping. The grid panels will arrive later this week. The hooks ordered are the work hook, big work hook, hand tool rack And the big everything hook. I'll let I know how long it takes me to set it up.

Back