Li's Kite - replaced Koko's Cafe

ZeroLot

For those that don't know yet, Koko's is gone and got replaced.  Even though the receipt still says Koko on it.

Li's Kite is kind of pricey but it's hand-made and QQ noodles and dumplings are awesome!!

My favorite are the dumplings - boiled OR pan-friend, both are good.  Make sure they give you the special garlic sauce.  One them they forgot and it just doesn't taste as good.

Then the Beijing Style Zha Jiang Mien.  Yummy yummy.

They have other dishes too, just didn't get past those two.  Try it out and let me know what you think! :)

I will have to check it out.  I noticed that Koko's was gone last week when I drove by.  I had no idea that Li's Kite was another restaurant, haha.

Maybe I will try it out Thursday.

ps9 said:
How were the kites?

The kites keeps the baby entertained.  She likes starring at them while she eats.  Can't get those kites in the US.  Definitely imported.

I think um...  the owner of Koko's still has shares in the new restaurant, they just took a backseat and became silent partner/investors.

Side note, the owner of Han Taiwanese cuisine went back to TW, so the place is under new ownership.  The original Han beef noodles are off the menu, and sadly the lamb chops is gone too.

I got a new gig working in the towers across the street from Irvine Spectrum, so I dine there from time to time.

momopi said:
Side note, the owner of Han Taiwanese cuisine went back to TW, so the place is under new ownership.  The original Han beef noodles are off the menu, and sadly the lamb chops is gone too.

I got a new gig working in the towers across the street from Irvine Spectrum, so I dine there from time to time.

Bummer.  I was going to try their noodles.  But I always get distracted by Fukada.

momopi said:
I think um...  the owner of Koko's still has shares in the new restaurant, they just took a backseat and became silent partner/investors.

We should do lunch!! Must be int he same building lol

Went to Li's Kite and we didn't really get anything that made me yearn to return.

Maybe we got the wrong stuff?  Got the recommended dumplings, dan dan mein, beef noodle soup, and chicken wings

Watching Aaron Kwok judge on some dancing show was entertaining though, haha.

Coleman said:
Went to Li's Kite and we didn't really get anything that made me yearn to return.

Maybe we got the wrong stuff?  Got the recommended dumplings, dan dan mein, beef noodle soup, and chicken wings

Watching Aaron Kwok judge on some dancing show was entertaining though, haha.

Uh Oh.  You got the right stuff.  I haven't returned in a month and I wonder if they already changed their ingredients. 

I've been craving their dumplings and sauce.  I'll try to go today or tomorrow. 

Just went here last week ... Menu has already changed and the food lacks flavor now.  Sauces have changed too.  Prices are the only things that stayed the same.

So sad.

Back