Amazon Fire TV

I'm looking at giving the Fire TV a try too.

Maybe someone likes Flappy Bird in HD.

Have you tried the Frozen FreeFall app? If you like Bejeweled or Candy Crush, you would like FFF.

yet another device.. the industry needs some consolidation.

Well... Fire TV is really just an Android device with Amazon's monetization layer... so it's still Android.

I think many of us use Amazon in one form or another and like I said on the Windows thread, this will allow you to run "Amazon" apps on multiple devices - TV and any Android tablet or phone. They just need to figure out a way to get their apps to run on Windows.

irvinehomeowner said:
Well... Fire TV is really just an Android device with Amazon's monetization layer... so it's still Android.

I think many of us use Amazon in one form or another and like I said on the Windows thread, this will allow you to run "Amazon" apps on multiple devices - TV and any Android tablet or phone. They just need to figure out a way to get their apps to run on Windows.

Ironically Amazon does not have a Prime Instant Video app for Android.

Still awaiting the all encompassing Amazon house, with SkyNet (no revolution version) built in, iRobot slave/servants built to the resemblance of Bezos, drones dumping packages in my yard, groceries by 10am, Kindles built in to bathroom walls, etc.

ps9 said:
Still awaiting the all encompassing Amazon house, with SkyNet (no revolution version) built in, iRobot slave/servants built to the resemblance of Bezos, drones dumping packages in my yard, groceries by 10am, Kindles built in to bathroom walls, etc.
I think Google is trying to get there first with Nest and Optic Fiber rollout to various cities.

We need more bandwidth.  TWC actually tried a plan to charge people by usage.. it failed.  Hopefully we will have at least two options for internet service providers in the future. 

Got my Fire on Fri.  Overall I give it a 8/10.  It streams Netflix faster than Apple TV, better remote without the annoying lag, and nice it shipped with my account already preloaded. 

Got my Fire controller, comes with a free tower defense game, it was ok, TD games are meant for touch screens, so a little clunky.  As for the controller itself:  hefty like an original Xbox controller, definitely hard to adjust after using my PS4 controller.  Wish it had the mic function like the remote, for the money that should've been included.  Performance wise, didn't notice any lag with button presses.  Runs on two AA batteries, good/bad.

I'm curious to see where the new Apple TV comes in. Rumors suggest it might be a new set top box compatible with Comcast/TWC.

iacrenter said:
I'm curious to see where the new Apple TV comes in. Rumors suggest it might be a new set top box compatible with Comcast/TWC.

Hopefully they can eliminate all of the set top boxes.  Just a hassle and you don't get to use the full function of your TV (because you are using the cable/Sat remote instead).  Would be nice for everything to just be an application.

It's funny how OUYA is getting into media content now that their games aren't doing very well.

So is the FireTV worth it PS9?

New show on Amazon Prime, Tumble Leaf, targeted for preschoolers, I'm pretty impressed.  And the kid actually clapped after each show, that never happens.  Pretty to look at as well in HD. 

The technology doesn't doesn't matter just like beta and VHS. The first to get HBO to break from the carriers wins.

Getting closer to cutting the satellite tether.  The two mega deal consolidations will just make 'cable' carriers worse IMHO. 

Back