Landscaping Plan - approval

Leano

The contractor submitted our landscaping plan to the HOA.  We got notice from the HOA acknowledging receipt of the plan and that it will take them 10 - 45 days to provide us feedback. We still have not heard from the HOA, and it's been almost a month.  Yes, it's still not 45 days, but does it really take that long?

I am curious how long did it take for you guys to get feedback from the HOA whether your landscaping plan is approved or not?

Yes, it can definitely take that long. It all depends on how busy they are (i.e. how many other plans were submitted around the same time).

We got lucky with ours and everything was approved on the first submittal within around 2 weeks.  :)

RCV - why did you complain before that the landscaper hasn't started your backyard? You need HOA approval first.

eyephone said:
RCV - why did you complain before that the landscaper hasn't started your backyard? You need HOA approval first.

Because I was sweet-talked by my contractor that we can start the job while waiting for the HOA approval.  It's a big mistake, I realize that now.  Too bad, I am already deep in the hole.

As long as you aren't doing anything crazy with your hardscaping you should be ok. I still haven't submitted my plans and the work was done in Feb/2012. Though I have been fined 100 in January which I paid. They skipped February and charged me 200 I'm march. Not going to pay the 200 though and I'll submit my plans later this week. I think they will waive the 200 (hopefully).

eyephone said:
How were you "Sweet talked"?
What did he say?

He said - "It's going to be okay.  We do this all the time for all of our clients.  I am going to take care of you.  I don't want you to worry about it. Trust me".

qwerty said:
As long as you aren't doing anything crazy with your hardscaping you should be ok. I still haven't submitted my plans and the work was done in Feb/2012. Though I have been fined 100 in January which I paid. They skipped February and charged me 200 I'm march. Not going to pay the 200 though and I'll submit my plans later this week. I think they will waive the 200 (hopefully).
I'm waiting for this to escalate so I can see a qwerchete rampage.

NO HOA IS SAFE FROM QWERCHETE!!!

From a contractor I spoke to who is familiar with PCM and Cypress Village, it takes about 2 week to get approval at end of 2013 but currently it takes a little over 4 weeks. 

bones said:
RCV said:
eyephone said:
What did he say?

He said - "It's going to be okay.  We do this all the time for all of our clients.  I am going to take care of you.  I don't want you to worry about it. Trust me".

What I heard from my contractor is that the HOA can shut the job down for one month if they find out you started prior to approvals.

can they legally do that? im not sure that they can. they can fine you and put liens on your home if you dont pay but dont see how they could actually stop you.

bones said:
Hmm - I just skimmed my guidelines and it just says you can't start until you get approval.  No mention of penalties.  It did say that if you don't get approval within 45 days - then the project is deemed approved.  I guess my contractor had jobs shut down before which is why he said what he said - prob depends on what each specific development's rules are.

I wonder how does HOA make homeowner rip everything out if homeowner did the landscape before or without HOA approval like this case.

ZeroLot said:
I don't have EXACT details, only the homeowner would have those.  But what is going around is that someone in Phase 1 just decided to landscape on their own.  Somehow the HOA found out and wanted them to rip everything out.

They fought back, contacted several people to fight the HOA.  Unfortunately since they were Phase 1, the HOA had plenty of time to deal with them.  So the HOA won.  The person ended up ripping out every piece of their yard or the HOA was going to do it for them.

The bad thing for me is because of that person in Phase 1, the HOA has gotten SUPER tight on the entire community.  They are taking close to 4 weeks to review EVERY single detail of every plan submitted henceforth.

I officially live under the landscape microscope.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3844.15.html#quickreply

Funny these HOA people somehow feel they become Po Pos when they get on the board.

RCV said:
eyephone said:
What did he say?

I think you should ask for a refund.

Coincidentally, I got the results of the HOA review of my landscaping plan.  It's unfortunate that it was declined :( -- although I think their comments were minor..

and there my saga continues.

RCV said:
Coincidentally, I got the results of the HOA review of my landscaping plan.  It's unfortunate that it was declined :( -- although I think their comments were minor..

Dude - what's up with that!

RCV said:

Can you comment on what were their objections?

Back