Sorry, couldn't concentrate on the video cuz of the Bee-Gee's playing in the background. ;). Is that really on your playlist?

I don't mind the part where she waits for the left turn...I get it's annoying but we've all been in that position.

The stopping at the green light is a no-no though.

Yeah, the right move is the U-turn.

Was there a solid line of cars behind you?

If not, there's no reason she couldn't have gotten in the turn lane, other than blatant driving incompetence.

The other real excuse she has is, YOU pulled one of those 'being safe' manuvuers and left a full car length open in front of you at the light.  Granted, the good rule of thumb is to be able to see the rear wheels of the car in front of you so you can manuvuer as necessary, but you are further back than that, unless your eyes are lower than the camera level. 

I've had that happen to me before were it sees like the person in the lane is trying to stay adjacent to you when you want to get over.  However based on the green light stop for a turn, I'll go wih my first thought, the blue car is just an incompetent driver.  Which is really just the side of effect of being a timid driver.  She should have just pulled into the gap you left, her car is almost  small enough.

gladiacmx said:
qwerty said:
gladia - what dash cam do you have? picture looks great.

Change the video setting to 1080p.  It's even better.

It's a FINEVu 1080p camera I picked up from Korea.

www.finevu.com

I'm hoping to buy a 4K dash cam when it comes out.

So you can capture accidents in Super HD!!!

I know it isn't Irvine but it is close, you have to go the to El Toro exit on the the 5 south, the way those lanes are set up to turn left onto El Toro is just a mess. I've never made it through a full light cycle with 100% of cars getting it right and I drive it at least once a week.

For your birthday I will get you some video editing software so you can speed up the first 1:45 of the 2:00 video until the action starts, hahaha  >:D

Skip to 1:45 to see the biggest issue. 

The picture is very clear.  The audio needs some work, haha. 

I should get a dash cam too and install it in my armored tank that I want to let people crash into when they try to pull the "let me drive in the merge lane just to get 3 cars ahead maneuver"

If you are ever behind me, I will be sure to wave with my rear wiper... the no water will be a hint that it's me.

For the sake of RE appreciation the trade off is worth the slight inconveniences. You do know Irvine is on the top 10 worst traffic list in the country?

Traffic in Irvine is just getting off-the-charts horrible!!!  Which, by the way, is why I pretty much never drive; it's all bicycling for me - so much more enjoyable.  I can almost always get around town faster on my Pedego (electric bike) than I can in a car.  And I can do this all without the frustration of said d-bag drivers...or using gas...or polluting...or being part of the d-bag driver problem  8)

Korean found a solution for bad female drivers whom can't park, so in Soul, they offer "lady friendly parking spaces".  Maybe we'll need some of these in the 99 Ranch Market. 

The spaces will be painted pink with emblems of women in the center. The special parking lots will be longer and wider than normal parking spaces.

Only problem is that it got woman mad.

the thing about these spaces that?s really gotten women mad is the fact that they are based on some very old stereotypes
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/5/19/Seoul-Launching-Longer-Wider-Women-Only-Parking-7720398/

Attachments

• woman only parking.jpg
    woman only parking.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 275
I was telling my wife I need one of those dash cams.  Last Saturday on a drive from here to the temecula area I was behind three different clowns at different points in the middle of red flag flash burn warning areas blissfully hanging and flicking their cigarette ashes and butts out the window

nosuchreality-
Seriously?  Just when I think I've reached the pinnacle of being blown-away by people's stupidity, arrogance, ignorance, belligerence and sense of entitlement, I'm once again taken to a new level.  Thanks God the good significantly outweigh the bad.

Back