Who is waiting for Orchard Hills?

Is Orchard Hills affecting your buying decision?

• Yes, I am waiting to buy in Orchard Hills

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Maybe, I want to see what they are priced at and then decide

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • No, I am buying in another new TIC build (ie Stonegate, Cypress Village, PS)

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • No, I am buying in a 5 Points new build (Pavilion Park)

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • No, I am buying resale near Orchard Hills because of the Halo Effect

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • No, I am buying resale somewhere else in Irvine (if the inventory gets better)

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Irvine is the lame... Baker Ranch rocks!

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

It seems like everyone was waiting for Orchard Hills since 2007. I remember PatStar saying that it was his promised land.

It got delayed, then mothballed, then possibly revived and now it seems it's finally upon us.

Based on traffic, there seems to be a high interest in anything OH but personally I am underwhelmed by the floorplans and overwhelmed by the rumored pricing. I don't even think PatStar would consider OH today.

Are you the next TIC victim? :)

At this point, I am just excited about the opening and mostly the free stuff/food.  Curious to see how lavish they are going to be with the opening.  I remember the Woodbury opening to be insane.  Food everywhere, kids activities, free stuff...they even had an ice cream truck driving around.  It has gone downhill since then.

Baker's Ranch opening was quite decent but the food was meh.

NYT said:
You should have one more option: "No, not looking to buy but just like the discussion."

IHO is like those gatekeeper agents who refuse to give you a pamphlet/floor plan until you fill out a registration card. 

Irvinecommuter said:
NYT said:
You should have one more option: "No, not looking to buy but just like the discussion."

IHO is like those gatekeeper agents who refuse to give you a pamphlet/floor plan until you fill out a registration card. 
That's what the "Other" option is for... you looky loos. :)

(that's what I chose)

Irvinecommuter said:
At this point, I am just excited about the opening and mostly the free stuff/food.  Curious to see how lavish they are going to be with the opening.  I remember the Woodbury opening to be insane.  Food everywhere, kids activities, free stuff...they even had an ice cream truck driving around.  It has gone downhill since then.

Baker's Ranch opening was quite decent but the food was meh.

Since we know TIC monitors this board, what kind of food/entertainment does everyone want for the OH Grand Opening?

Interesting, although no one so far has indicated they are buying in OH, I'm sure that the reality is much different (I doubt many TI members are true FCBs).

I think ps9 would buy in OH if the price was right... even if there were 3CWGs in OH, I don't think I would purchase there, I'm not fond of the location as much as others are.

Be interested to see how these all look.  It should be a nice neighborhood.

jmoney74 said:
Be interested to see how these all look.  It should be a nice neighborhood.

I am curious to see how it is going to look after built out.  Right now, I am pretty used to seeing nothing there.  It will be a little weird seeing rows and rows of houses on the hills.

Location is not ideal... but it's all about status.  Hopefully they build some really nice estate homes up there.  Not sure if it would be worth it to buy a motor court home there.  GO BIG OR GO HOME..

Capella is probably the best bang for your buck, small lots and all.  I'm in the same boat as Bones - we were waiting for OH, then sold pretty quick, and ended up buying in PP due to location, open space, and lot size. 

We were aiming for Strada plan 3 but glad we went with PP instead since those will probably be $1.1M+

I guess we'll have to see the build out.  They are claiming Luxury.. I just don't see them going half arsed on that.

jmoney74 said:
I guess we'll have to see the build out.  They are claiming Luxury.. I just don't see them going half arsed on that.

I think this is their definition of luxury:
"Crown molding at select locations"

Back