IUSD vs. Tustin property price premium

How much of a premium would you pay to be zoned to IUSD vs. Tustin?

• 0%

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • 1% ~ 5%

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 6% ~ 10%

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • 10+%

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Negative percent as I hate IUSD.

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
I voted 1-5% with the clarification that we are talking about Beckham High and related middle/elementary schools.

I think people are getting used to Beckham being an excellent high school and the elementary schools for Tustin Ranch and Tustin USD parts of Irvine have always received a good reputation. 

Hate to cross-link but Beckham is a good example of how TIC is ahead of the curve on education stuff.  Wasn't there some discussion about how TIC help fund and build Beckham? 

I see some weakness in my poll...I should have put Northwood HS vs. Beckman HS.  Then more people would put 0%.

Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:
I voted 0% assuming (like IC) we're talking Beckman/Hicks/OH.  TUSD = IUSD.

I still think there is some sway on prices...especially for resales and buyers not familiar with the area.

Poll question asked:  what premium would YOU (aka ME) pay.  Just answering the question that was asked.

My problem here is that the premium I would pay is more based on location rather than school district.

There are many 3CWGs in Tustin Ranch that I like and are less expensive than Irvine but it's father then where we want to be.

So if they rezoned Quail Hill to be TUSD, I would appreciate any discount that would afford me (I guess making my answer 0%).

This is typical of what goes on at a TUSD board meeting.

a. STUDENT NUMBER 6264      (V)  (C) 
Approve the request to waive the Math section of the CAHSEE due to the student receiving a score of 350 or higher using modifications as required by their Individual Education Program (IEP).

b. STUDENT NUMBER 2012-13-38      (V) 

Approve readmission to Tustin Unified School District.  All terms and conditions have been met.

c. STUDENT NUMBER 2013-14-12      (V) 

Approve the stipulated expulsion with conditions from all schools and programs of the District February 25, 2014, through June 18, 2014.

d. STUDENT NUMBER 2013-14-13      (V) 

Approve the stipulated expulsion with conditions from all schools and programs of the District February 25, 2014, through June 18, 2014.

e. STUDENT NUMBER 2013-14-14      (V) 

Approve the stipulated expulsion with conditions from all schools and programs of the District February 26, 2014, through June 18, 2014.

f. STUDENT NUMBER 2013-14-15      (V) 

Approve the stipulated expulsion with conditions from all schools and programs of the District February 26, 2014, through June 18, 2014.

g. STUDENT NUMBER 2013-14-16      (V) 

h. STUDENT NUMBER 2013-14-17      (V) 

Approve the stipulated expulsion with conditions from all schools and programs of the District March 17, 2014, through June 18, 2014.

i. STUDENT NUMBER 2013-14-18      (V) 

Approve the stipulated expulsion with conditions from all schools and programs of the District March 17, 2014, through June 18, 2014.

j. STUDENT NUMBER 2013-14-19      (V) 

k. STUDENT NUMBER 0714      (V)  (C) 
Approve the request to waive the ELA section of the CAHSEE due to the student receiving a score of 350 or higher using modifications as required by their Individual Education Program (IEP).

IHO, Orchard Hills.. gates,gates and more gates.. house in a gate, elementary-middle-high in a gate.. Be my neighbor. Then we can meet everyday and be paranoid about everything :)

Flawed poll.  If we're talking about Beckman and the surrounding elementary and middle schools, 0%.  Plus that location is basically Irvine.  But, if we're talking Tustin High and having to live in old town Tustin, well nobody on this board would choose to live there.

Fix the poll.

Don't forget the honor classes (Gate program) to complete the gate obsession!

Cubic Zirconia said:
IHO, Orchard Hills.. gates,gates and more gates.. house in a gate, elementary-middle-high in a gate.. Be my neighbor. Then we can meet everyday and be paranoid about everything :)

Oh yes! The mother of all gates, the great GATE :)
6k3bm.jpg

irvinehomeshopper said:
Don't forget the honor classes (Gate program) to complete the gate obsession!

Cubic Zirconia said:

Back