OC Register High School Rankings

Previously, you could see what their formula was, this year you can't.  Anyone have insight. 

I know before it boiled down to pretty straightforward API rating with a bonus points mumbo over diversity and other factors.

Why is Uni High's Environmental Rank so low?  Is it because there's too many smart kids there? Or, too few solar panels?  They don't recycle their garbage?

I'm not sure if this was addressed to my comments but my kids are not going to Uni so I have no feelings one way or the other about Uni.  I would even prefer that they not go to Uni.

I didn't know what an Environmental Rank was so I was asking about it but put in a few dry humor with it.  Perhaps I should have added my usual  :p after the comments just so that there were no misunderstandings.  I had way less opportunities in the high school that I went to so I find it humorous when people think Woodbridge or Irvine High (or even TUSD or the other one east of us) don't stack up.  :p  The thing that matters the most is the kid and the parent.

OpenSky said:
irvinehusky said:
Why is Uni High's Environmental Rank so low?  Is it because there's too many smart kids there? Or, too few solar panels?  They don't recycle their garbage?

Cute. Someone sounds a little butt hurt that Uni doesn't stack up. It's not so much about earth friendly environment as it is the child/learner's environment. Extra curricular and such.

Sounds good.  I don't like to read; I'd rather someone spell it out for me.  :p

OpenSky said:
I was giving you a little grief. Take a look at the article. I even PDFd it for you. It steps through the 'environmental' aspects of the medal winners. There isn't a mention of solar panels nor recycling.  ;D

It's certainly an interesting ranking.  Personally I would put Northwood and Beckman in front of University based upon reputation of the schools. 

My sense is that Northwood is a much more "laid back" but still ultra competitive school while Uni is much more cutthroat.  Of course, I do not know anyone who went to Uni so it's probably pure speculation.

According to the principal this senior class at my kid's school the college acceptances to the top schools are by far the best year in the history of the school. More than 2 dozens have been accepted to the top tier private colleges and 3 dozens are accepted to the 2 top UC campuses. The last group of college acceptance result will be out next week.

More than 2 dozen acceptances are from top tier schools including 4 to Stanford, 4 to Columbia, 2 Cal Tech, 1 MIT, 3 UPenn, 3 Brown, 3 Cornell, 1 Princeton, 1 Dartmouth, 2 Scripps, 1 College of William and Mary, 2 John Hopkins and 2 University of Chicago.

Georgetown, Pomona, Harvey Mudd, Claremont McKenna and Northwestern are not out yet.

Top 10% of the students will be attending top tier private and public colleges.

I guess after all Irvine schools do automatically advance to the top tier colleges. FCBs must save, earn or extort more cash to buy homes in Irvine.

Back