FCB becoming less and less?

J

jmoney74

I've been to the PP park a few times now the last few weekends.  Haven't moved on yet but my kid loves the park.  We met one of our new neighbors... White. I know, shocking.  I also noticed more white families looking around for homes.  This is PP so not sure about cypress or stonegate. I'm wondering if some of that funny china money moving over will finally be slowing down.

test said:
FCB don't buy in PP.

They were before... But now they aren't there. If they are looking at stonegate and cypress... Then by all means.

Could it just be due to the location? After all, it is the last train stop on the Irvine Express to White Flight.

That's what I'm wondering since I just observed at PP.  First few months at PP... All I saw were Chinese...  But now it's mixed with more white.

Stonegate Village is perfect for Chinese Buyers. The award winning school is near by. The grand parents/old relatives can walk around in Stonegate Village (they blend in). There are plenty of parks in Stonegate Village. AND at PP the backyard is HUGE. Which equates to more money on water bill, potential gardener, and spend money on backyard set up at PP vs Stonegate.

I think the lack of a local school has something to do with it.

But they are there... I saw two in person myself, one telling the salesperson when they asked them to prequal with their in-house lender:

"But we are paying all cash"

I'm sure they are still there.. just wondering if other communities are now seeing less and less of them.  It was a good sight to see more diversity in the community.  I was really shocked to have white neighbors.  ;)

bones said:
PP isn't dense enough for the FCBs.  They're used to living on top of each other in China/Taiwan/Hong Kong.  Too much space between neighbors freak them out.

Like Jmoney, I've noticed a lot more white folk in general touring/exploring PP in the recent months.  My street has a mix of white peeps, Asian Americans and FCBs.  Will be interesting to walk the neighborhood once I move in to see what the demographics look like.

Is this all I am to you now?  :p
big-yellow-peep1.jpg

I think this is why there's less and less FCB at PP, someone must paid qwerty to show up there...

qwerty said:
For $100 ill show up tomorrow and rip them a new one on your behalf - the last thing they want in their sales office is a mexican creating a scene. then the prospective buyers will be scared off cause they think ill be buying a low income unit in their tract.

FCBs do not like traditional revival styles. The colonial "Father of the Brides", cottage, craftsman and English Tudor remind them of the wood shanty from the poor villages. Spanish villa is the style of the rich back home.

irvinehomeshopper said:
FCBs do not like traditional revival styles. The colonial "Father of the Brides", cottage, craftsman and English Tudor remind them of the wood shanty from the poor villages. Spanish villa is the style of the rich back home.

puahahha... you gotta stop this! Only one good quote for my sig!

WHY YOU HAVE NO TENNIS COURT IN PARK???

WHY YOU HAVE BIG BACK YARD???

WHY YOU NO HAVE TAI CHI CLASSES?

Homie said:
Like I told you J$.. my nanny just bought a place in PP with all cash.  FCB's still in full effect!

Dude, how much did you paid your nanny?

Homie are way richer than I thought, even his nanny can buy a home at PP. :)

Homie said:
Like I told you J$.. my nanny just bought a place in PP with all cash.  FCB's still in full effect!

nanny prolly pays next to nothing in taxes?

If we could all not pay taxes, we'd be buying multiple houses!

Back