Sutha Thai Kitchen

If you're willing to drive a little further, the best Thai place I've found hands down in OC is in Garden Grove--Jhumpa Thai. Came highly recommended by several Thai friends of mine. Definitely beats anything in/around Irvine, which is in general way watered down and too sweet.

I tried it when it first opened and a year later. I thought the price was high compared to the quality of food and ambiance. The tiny hole in the wall in NYC is bigger that this place.

Restaurants don't have to try very hard to succeed in Irvine. The population boom pushed demand so high having less people in line for crappy foods is actually an advantage.
Nakorn Thai on GG Blvd across from the old people hospital next to perv shops is fairly good for OC. This place has mostly Vietnamese patrons.

nyc to oc said:
If you're willing to drive a little further, the best Thai place I've found hands down in OC is in Garden Grove--Jhumpa Thai. Came highly recommended by several Thai friends of mine. Definitely beats anything in/around Irvine, which is in general way watered down and too sweet.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Restaurants don't have to try very hard to succeed in Irvine. The population boom pushed demand so high having less people in line for crappy foods is actually an advantage.
Nakorn Thai on GG Blvd across from the old people hospital next to perv shops is fairly good for OC. This place has mostly Vietnamese patrons.

nyc to oc said:

And old pervy folks as well right :)

I used to live in Buena Park, and dined at the OG Thai Nakorn place close to Knotts.  There were 2 Thai restaurants there at the time, Thai Nakorn was the kind of mom and pop place with long bench-tables that you share with other patrons.  The other was across the parking lot and much nicer looking (now a K-BBQ place), so better suited for taking a GF.  Back then I dated a Chinese-Thai girl who'd order the...  steamed ginger fish cakes (hor mok pla?).

Back