Laundry Chute Retrofit

SoCal said:
Reasons? Well. Upstairs laundry, mainly.
Yeah... once you experience the convenience of an upstairs laundry, it's hard to have otherwise, esp if it's in the garage or part of the garage pass-thru (I've had both and really don't enjoy either).

OpenSky said:
Our place has downstairs laundry; we're doing a laundry chute to mitigate one half of a problem.
[...]
Given the costs and hassle to move, how about a dumb waiter to handle the other half?  ;D
Yeah.... going down is the easy party, you can always throw in over the stairs (if you have vaulted) or down the stairs... but bring it up is another story.

Maybe you should have made that hole bigger so you can put a rope to pull up laundry baskets. :)

I though most of the Northpark homes had upstairs laundries.

So how much was that? I figure they had to make sure they weren't hitting any joists, plumbing or electrical? I like how yours will go right into a basket on top of your dryer (I assume that's the space because of the infamous dryer lint).

I see these at the Windstream homes in Northwood... my aunt also had one in her home up in San Jose.

At least you don't have to worry about water overflowing (we did that once in our upstairs laundry).

You need to give us the ZeroLot deets.

Do you park both cars in the garage?

Less space when we did that. The other thing was sometimes when we were too lazy to bring up the clean clothes we would leave them on the dryer but the garage isn't exactly the cleanest place for temp storage.

When it was the pass-thru, we missed the laundry sink and it was much tighter. Plus, having hampers all around made it hard to go through to the garage from the house. And when we had company over, we had to clean up that area entirely as the garage would be another space to entertain in.

Oops... thread derail. :)

We have a laundry chute in our place as well.  Not a gamechanger for us, it's convenient but there is only so much you can throw down the chute before it explodes out of the catching cabinet and onto the floors of the laundry room.  A wider chute will help, but will just result in a wider mess.  Good for impressing visitors, but that's pretty much all.  Still faster for me to lug all the laundry down myself. 

I still wish zovall would change that.

People should not be able to delete their posts or their threads... what goes on the Internet STAYS on the Internet. :)

im kind of jealous of this laundry chute. ours is upstairs on the other side of the master bathroom.  im thinking i can bust a hole in the wall, a little pass through of sorts and then just throw the dirty laundry from the bathroom into the laundry room directly. i like it.

qwerty said:
im kind of jealous of this laundry chute. ours is upstairs on the other side of the master bathroom.  im thinking i can bust a hole in the wall, a little pass through of sorts and then just throw the dirty laundry from the bathroom into the laundry room directly. i like it.
On your model, I think you could even put in a pocket door directly to the laundry room.

qwerty said:

I think we have some thing that might work for you.  Just bust a hole in the wall and install this.

Attachments

• qwerty door.jpg
    qwerty door.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 158
Back