Another beef noodle place in OrangeTree Plaza

Irvinecommuter

Before Liang's Kitchen closed, the 99 Ranch-anchored plaza had what I estimate to be at least four restaurants serving nou riu mian (braised beef noodle soup) and fried scallion pancakes. Some of the noteworthy ones: Lao Dong and 101 Noodle Express. Across the street, there's A&J.

Now there's one more. Wei Shian Noodles serves not just beef noodle soup and scallion cakes, it does just about everything else the other beef noodle joints do, including rolling those scallion cakes up with meat into the pseudo-burritos I've talked before when I reviewed 101 Noodle Express.
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/stickaforkinit/2014/02/wei_shian_noodle_irvine.php

I love 101 Noodle and not so much A&J.  Have not gone to the Lao Dong place but it seems to be pretty empty most of the time.  Clearly the mall management couldn't care about a diversity of stores/restaurants.

I also wonder what happened Liang's.  I was okay with it but it always seemed to be busy.

IMAGE_287.jpeg

Hmm, I will have to go check it out.  Hopefully they have a couple dishes that the others lack to create some separation from the competition.

I never got into Liangs and Lao Dong was pretty disappointing to me. 

What I really miss with my beef noodle is the steamed sticky rice pai gu/chitlin side dish.  A&J use to have it I think. 

Back