Slow and "500 Internal Server Errors"

shokunin

The site seem excruciatingly slow... I've timed 30-60 second response times between clicks off the main forum, random "500 Internal server errors just clicking in on forum topics, that's all...  All other sites seem fine, just Ti.

"Please contact the server administrator, support@supportwebsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at www.talkirvine.com Port 80"

Is it just today that seems worse?

I made some minor changes to the feeds section on the homepage last night.  Looks like it's causing some problems, so I temporarily removed them for now.

I'll try some other maintenance tasks as well.

It's been slow for a few days, just seemed even worse today.  Whatever you just did, fixed the problems, as the site is flying now...

I can click and no delays! Thanks!

I'm seeing a known spam IP trying to login...  I think they were trying really hard.  Had to smack them away.  8)

I'll get the feeds back on tonight.

Ugh...  I keep checking back and find more slow downs and other spam IP's trying to login.

BTW, thanks shokunin for reporting this.

I was unable to view at the office for several days... but now access is back.
Hopefully I wasn't the known spammer you spoke of  :)

Strange...  yesterday was working great for me.  This morning, slow again.  I found another rogue IP address visiting our site and permanently nixed it.  I'm trying a few other things too, including anti-spam plugins.  Hopefully things speed back up.  It seems pretty sporadic.

Thanks everyone for your patience. 

PS. IHO slowed down his refresh rate to every 13.4 seconds so that should help too.  ;)

Back