[Poll] To Ink or Not To Ink?

Do you have a tattoo?

• Yes, I have one or two small ones (unicorn on my wrist)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Oh yes, I have several or a large one (wings on my back)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heck yeah, you can't even see my skin (Birdman! Birdman!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, I am as bare as when I was born

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Other (not sure how there can be an other)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

I was trying to decide between a poll or a game where you guess which TI members have tattoos or not.

We can do both.

I would have thought that qwerter would not have a tattoo given his disdain for blood but I think he mentioned he had one, unless he was kidding.

Other people I think don't have tattoos:

SoCal
ps9
Homie
Zerolot (too many parlors to vet)

People I suspect have tattoos:

zovall (Tyson tattoo on his face... jk)
USCTrojan (sportscar on his shoulder)
bones (Caduceus on ankle)
Tyler (Bluto on bicep) <-- :) see if that gets him back here

I do have a tattoo. It's my last name in old English on my arm. Got in college when I had the guns. Ive had it for 16 years and surprisingly has not faded one bit.

Cubic Zirconia said:
You are wrong on one count :)
Hey, I wasn't included.. price you pay for not being active! Take a guess. Did I get inked?
Hmm... I think SoCal may have mentioned ink at one time but I can't be sure.

As for CZ... henna?

irvinehomeowner said:
I was trying to decide between a poll or a game where you guess which TI members have tattoos or not.

We can do both.

I would have thought that qwerter would not have a tattoo given his disdain for blood but I think he mentioned he had one, unless he was kidding.

Other people I think don't have tattoos:

SoCal
ps9
Homie
Zerolot (too many parlors to vet)

People I suspect have tattoos:

zovall (Tyson tattoo on his face... jk)
USCTrojan (sportscar on his shoulder)
bones (Caduceus on ankle)
Tyler (Bluto on bicep) <-- :) see if that gets him back here
IHO (butterfly on his lower back) tr**p stamp!

Wow. Funny how you think you "know" someone, huh? I'm first on your list of non-tattoo'd people! I'm probably not the person you imagine. Surprise!

qwerty said:
I do have a tattoo. It's my last name in old English on my arm. Got in college when I had the guns. Ive had it for 16 years and surprisingly has not faded one bit.

That's it? I was expecting some sort of vulgar, naked lady tattoo which animates when you flex your arm. That just seems more... "you".

homer_simpson said:
irvinehomeowner said:
homer_simpson said:
IHO (butterfly on his lower back) tr**p stamp!
Did you see it? (gross)

Yeah, during bball.. it was shirts vs. skins.... ughhhh..

I don't think Iho has one but if he was going to get one, my guess would be his kids' names in their own handwriting or their names & bdays.

Hey, I was this close to getting one in Hawaii, even walked to the shop but Mr. Zerolot convinced me my skin is too fragile for inking that I'd be popping Claritin for weeks if I did.

So I get some street cred for trying?

... The parlor had great reviews.  Across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village.  That was 5 years ago tho.  I've done my basic vetting  :p

irvinehomeowner said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
You are wrong on one count :)
Hey, I wasn't included.. price you pay for not being active! Take a guess. Did I get inked?
Hmm... I think SoCal may have mentioned ink at one time but I can't be sure.

As for CZ... henna?

Henna every now and then. I do my own henna art.. but that's racial profiling on your part that actually worked :)

I fall in the last category. I went to school when we still used "rotring" pens to draft. CAD was introduced after fourth semester. The .01 and .001 with colored ink.. if you poke-poke.. you get the drift. I have marked myself, but no- not inked :)

Almost got tattoed in Vegas. First time, for a tramp stamp.. second time was on my 35th birthday. I don't know what I was thinking..

ZeroLot said:
Hey, I was this close to getting one in Hawaii, even walked to the shop but Mr. Zerolot convinced me my skin is too fragile for inking that I'd be popping Claritin for weeks if I did.

So I get some street cred for trying?

... The parlor had great reviews.  Across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village.  That was 5 years ago tho.  I've done my basic vetting  :p

sometimes its the thought that counts.

The first wave of heavy adopters is closing in on their mid-40s.  It'll be interesting what that does for the trendiness of ink.

I've been noticing more pass their prime ink around.  Also been noticing a lot more laser removal scarring too.

Would any of you get your spouse's name tattoo'd on you or have you?

I play for keeps. I've been with mine for 16 years. But even after all of that, I still wouldn't do it!  ;D 

Back