Tasty Garden just opened!

ZeroLot

My new favorite place.  Hong Kong style cafe.  Kids can get pizza, chicken strips, seasoned fries while adults can eat as much Cantonese food to their hearts content. Been there twice already with friends.  Everyone loves it.  All kids ate Chinese broccoli too ... That's a big deal Irvine parents!

+1

I've also eaten at this place twice. Great food and a nice change from all the Taiwanese places.

ZeroLot is "aZn"?  I hope I did that right.  8)

I still haven't gone to Tasty Garden here.  I am scared of paying the Irvine prices.  Everyone that comes here from MPK or Rowland has quite the increase in prices.  It's hard to swallow milk tea that costs over nearly $4! 

Do they give free refills on their iced lemon tea or HK milk tea?

Also, as SoCal would say Gung Hay Fat Choy!

irvinehomeowner said:
ZeroLot said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
How is it different from the one in Alhambra, Arcadia, and Westminster?

It's more expensive, atmosphere is better, and it's located in Irvine  ;)
I know that's what you really meant.

Hehe but not just anywhere in Irvine ... But Culver 99 Ranch Irvine.  Doesn't get more convenient or Asian than that!

Coleman said:
ZeroLot is "aZn"?  I hope I did that right.  8)

I still haven't gone to Tasty Garden here.  I am scared of paying the Irvine prices.  Everyone that comes here from MPK or Rowland has quite the increase in prices.  It's hard to swallow milk tea that costs over nearly $4! 

Do they give free refills on their iced lemon tea or HK milk tea?

Also, as SoCal would say Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Me "aZn"?? ... I'll let Qwerty ponder that one.  ;D

Tasty Garden charges around $3.50 with UNLIMITED refills!!!  I got mine refilled 3 times sharing with the whole family!  HK milk tea tastes so good.  Yum yum.

Sounds expensive but milking the milk tea is an AZN way of milking the system. Chinese restaurant with atmosphere is hard to comprehend like an Irvine home with a huge yard.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Sounds expensive but milking the milk tea is an AZN way of milking the system. Chinese restaurant with atmosphere is hard to comprehend like an Irvine home with a huge yard.

True true. That's why I'm going as often as possible before the atmosphere disappears. It is pricey but the quality and quantity is justifiable.  I pay the same prices at Olive Garden, CPK, or Chilis anyway.

As for "milking the system" like white folks don't "milk" the drink dispenser at McDonalds and Costco. ... ::)

irvinehomeowner said:
ZeroLot said:
I pay the same prices at Olive Garden, CPK, or Chilis anyway.
Hmm... maybe not aZn? :)

I read that post, clicked quote, and then as the page was taking time to load, I got a glimpse that you beat me to it.  haha!  ;D

SoCal said:
ZeroLot said:
Hong Kong style cafe.

What does that mean?  (says the American girl.)

Hong Kong used to be a British territory so their cafe menus are very Westernized.  It's a place where you can get Mac and cheese and Chinese noodles all in the same place .... Served in a very euro-Asian style setting.

ZeroLot said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

True true. That's why I'm going as often as possible before the atmosphere disappears. It is pricey but the quality and quantity is justifiable.  I pay the same prices at Olive Garden, CPK, or Chilis anyway.

As for "milking the system" like white folks don't "milk" the drink dispenser at McDonalds and Costco. ... ::)

I remember checking out Tasty Garden's menu and not thinking it was that expensive for pretty good food in a nice place ... what I can't believe is goint to Chick Fila today and seeing that they are charging $9.25 for a grilled chicken sandwich meal ... compared to that Tasty Garden isn't expensive at all.

Back