Irvine Towering Infernos

morekaos

This should encompass ALL the tower condos including the Korean Towers as I am still curious about the other projects in the area

I was looking at some of the Astoria listings. I love how they Photochopped the cars off the San Diego Freeway.
Astoria.jpg

Nothing like laying in bed and watching the big rigs roll by.
How romantic. To be so close to the 405.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/401-Rockefeller-92612/unit-503/home/21927321

$ 925 for HOA. Hurry. They wont last !!!!

5112 SCHOLARSHIP went back to the bank last week for $1.072M. I guess that bank hasn't figured out that towers in OC are about 150 years ahead of their time and just not worth a "there is no more land" premium. Oh well. And I also find it funny because of all the people who told me that The Plaza was special with its Chinese water torture pool, and it won't have the problems that Marquee has/had. You can all kiss my...

Perhaps this is the wrong forum to ask, but if you had a choice between A) Watching Sadek's "Redline", B) Watching The Real Housewives of where ever or C) Seppuku, which would you prefer?

I just wonder after all that has happened. How in the heck can the guy still have a house up in Pelican ? It just blows my mind.
I guess white collar crime really does pay. And the only punishment he gets is from "The Guido Collection Agency" that called on him last night and woke up the neighborhood.

I'm surpised if he knew bad things were going to happen, maybe a little precaution of an... i dunno... armored car and house might be in order. But that's just my opinion.

This can't be good.

http://irvinehomes.freedomblogging.com/2009/12/16/another-50-discount-at-irvine-high-rise/11719/

Another 50% discount at Irvine high rise
December 16th, 2009, 1:18 pm - 4 Comments - posted by Erika Chavez, Staff Writer
Remember that condo at Irvine's Marquee Park Place that sold for 50% less than its previous sale? The 2-bedroom unit sold for $1 million in 2006; fast-forward three years and the now-bank owned property was snapped up for $500,000.

Looks like that wasn't an anomaly.

I stumbled across another recently closed sale in Irvine's first high-rise, and felt a sense of deja vu: the 2-bedroom unit last sold in April 2006 for $1,501,500. On October 16, the home (now bank-owned) sold for $750,000.

In the comments attached to the last post, local Realtor Adam Brett shed some light on these deep discounts at Marquee Park Place:

"There are a few more reasons for the price decline at this project. Currently - there is litigation, over 20% HOA delinquency, and nearly a 50% non-owner occupied rate.

No lender will finance a sale or refinance making the buyers pay ALL CASH for any sale."

To refresh your memory, HOA fees at this property run $1,152 per month and include a 24-hour concierge

Back