A fabulous Newbie to TI

gaysian

Hello all,

I'm new to TI (although I've been browsing as a non-member for a few months).

I'm a very gay man & I'm very Asian-American. I'm gaysian!

Margaret Cho is my godmother.  (okay, so not really, but I wish she was)

I grew up around Orange County, including about 5 years in Irvine (Northwood). Currently I live in Los Angeles, but I'm looking to move back to Irvine in the next year or so.

At this point, I'm leaning towards buying in Cypress Village. (Unless I can snag an extremely rich husband first -- then I'm moving to a custom estate in Shady Canyon)

Hi everyone!

IHO, "into" or "intro"?

Welcome to the board!  The regulars have a lot of insight to share as you've probably seen while viewing.

irvinehomeowner said:
Hehe... "gaysian"... great intro.

Welcome to TI, so what brings you back to Irvine?

I'm looking to settle down. I'm frequently in Irvine anyway since my family & friends still live there. My commute to work (distance) will be about the same.

Plus I'm buying for the first time & I want something brand new (or close to brand new). I love the Westside of Los Angeles, but prices per square foot are about twice that of Irvine.

For example -- 3,000 square foot detached new house in Irvine (such as Arcadia at Stonegate) is about $1.2 to $1.3 million. In Brentwood, Santa Monica, or Pacific Palisades a newly-built house of that square footage would easily go for $2 million to $2.5 million, probably with multiple offers.

Welcome to the forum.  Love the user name.  Take your time on searching for the right place to live as the market is more normal today.  Be careful though, the forum can get addicting (speaking as post whore # 2....only behind IHO).  8)

Back