New to TI

AMGRez

Hi there,

I've been living in OC for 14 years (12 in Irvine), and am now starting to look for a single family to buy in Irvine, however I'm not going to rush it, but would like to close on a house w/i the next 18 months.

Been snooping around for a while and all I see is the guy w/Edward Norton as his avatar.

I work and live in 92614

Cheers

Welcome to TI.

I don't know who Edward Norton is.

I've lived in O.C. for 30 years. I reside in Nine Two Six One Oh. You've probably never heard of it. That's okay.

SoCal said:
Welcome to TI.

I've lived in O.C. for 30 years. I reside in Nine Two Six One Oh. You've probably never heard of it. That's okay.

Thank you.  Regarding Edward Norton, he is the non Brad Pitt Fight Club guy. lol  ::)

ahhh, the 92610... I found a house there once, it was everything I always wanted, however it was priced too out of reach for me at the time, but now that I can afford it many times over it houses a family of four who have made it a home. (Yes I went to their house and knocked on the door and asked them to sell, but no dice)  :eek:

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:
Sigh. But you know who Honey Boo Boo is?

Welcome to TI AMGRez... if you live or work in the Woodbridge area of 92614, you picked a good place. :)

Thank you, I live near Jamboree and work in MacArthur by the 55.

AMGRez said:
Hi there,

I've been living in OC for 14 years (12 in Irvine), and am now starting to look for a single family to buy in Irvine, however I'm not going to rush it, but would like to close on a house w/i the next 18 months.

Been snooping around for a while and all I see is the guy w/Edward Norton as his avatar.

I work and live in 92614

Cheers
Welcome! It all depends on your situation. If your a cash buyer interest rate shouldn't matter. Interest rates have been rising. (If you haven't noticed) I assume you already have a loan pre qualification letter, so you know how much you can afford.

Good luck on your search.

eyephone said:
Welcome! It all depends on your situation. If your a cash buyer interest rate shouldn't matter. Interest rates have been rising. (If you haven't noticed) I assume you already have a loan pre qualification letter, so you know how much you can afford.

Good luck on your search.

Thank you.  Nope, I'm not a cash buyer by any stretch of imagination. :-[

Interest rates rise or not, it is what it is.  I sold my house in RSM about six months ago and have learned that home ownership is much more than just the interest rate, or monthly payments.  I'm determined to find a house I truly want to live in, and hope to do just that in under 2 yrs.  If I find it tomorrow, then great, if not then I can wait.

I know exactly how much I can afford, however I'm going with affordable minus $100K.  I just don't understand most people's obsession of buying huge houses of which they hardly use 40% of.

My requirements are SF, 2br / 2bth with attached garage with no sharing walls whatsoever, but I've come to understand that there are hardly any SFs in Irvine with 2br / 2bth, so that I might have to settle for a 3br / 3bth.  My previous house was a 3br with a loft and 3bth and the 3rd br was just a waste.  :eek:

Back