Author Topic: Laurel at Cypress Village  (Read 79286 times)

Offline LongIrvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 15
Re: Laurel at Cypress Village
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »
Agree; I grew up in Irvine and parents had a fairly decent sized yard.  I don't ever recall after the age of 7 playing in the back or front yard.  All my friends played at/near the elementary school and various greenbelts. 

Offline Perspective

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 119
  • -Received: 153
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2015, 02:27:43 PM »
Agree; I grew up in Irvine and parents had a fairly decent sized yard.  I don't ever recall after the age of 7 playing in the back or front yard.  All my friends played at/near the elementary school and various greenbelts.

Right, it serves as a great confined play area for young kids. After that, the backyard serves as an occasional entertaining space, but mainly additional space from your rear neighbor and a pretty green area outside of your windows.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 585
  • -Received: 508
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2015, 04:20:19 PM »

Right, it serves as a great confined play area for young kids. After that, the backyard serves as an occasional entertaining space, but mainly additional space from your rear neighbor and a pretty green area outside of your windows.

I appreciate the niceness of having a big green yard...but I also appreciate the fact that I didn't have pay a ton to landscape my backyard or pay high maintenance fees.  One of the things about master planned communities is that your kids can play at the local park.

Offline viobruin

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2015, 06:19:55 PM »
So driving around the neighborhood, I notice that the vast majority of homes have a car parked outside on the street. Are the garages really that small where you can't fit 2 cars in there?

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2162
  • -Received: 1688
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2015, 07:18:32 PM »
So driving around the neighborhood, I notice that the vast majority of homes have a car parked outside on the street. Are the garages really that small where you can't fit 2 cars in there?
Probably is that a lot of people use their garages for storage as well.  Hence the need for 3-car garages.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline pizza

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2015, 07:19:42 PM »
Ppl hoard things in their garage or use it as a workshop. If it gets reported to hoa that someone is consistently parking their second car on the street, they'll come inspect your garage to see that the space isn't being used in other ways.

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 196
  • -Received: 1097
« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2015, 07:31:09 PM »
Even without a lot of crap, some people don't park two cars bc they have a hard time loading them (esp 2 big ones). This is where a minivan comes in handy :)

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 607
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2015, 07:50:46 PM »

Storage space, place to play cards, toddlers play in the garage space, workshop, etc...

Offline ps9

• Thanks
  • -Given: 464
  • -Received: 1193
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2015, 08:20:17 PM »
Once you have kids, the garage becomes a play space, not in the ps9 household of course only in those that can't plan or rent their residence.  I can't fathom parking my beloved car in the driveway.  Depending on how strict the HOA is, hoarders can continually pile up crap in the car space and park in the driveway.  It takes one measly day to throw your shit out of your garage.

Offline viobruin

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2015, 07:44:41 AM »
Thanks for the replies everyone. I was getting worried that perhaps it wasn't possible to fit two cars inside the garage.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts