Letting a friend/relative to use your address

<a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/6698/">tmare's</a> thread reminded me this. How would you deal with it if a friend of yours or a relatives who live outside of the school district want to use your home address to get into your school? I don't live in IUSD, but it happened.

I said no, but my spouse who is a pushover, was a bit uncomfortable about this.

I'd have to say no. I wouldn't be angry about the request at all... I just don't feel it's fair to the child because if the truth is found out, the poor kid will be bounced out of his or her class and that's not cool to jerk a kid around if you can help it.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1258434629]I'd have to say no. I wouldn't be angry about the request at all... I just don't feel it's fair to the child because if the truth is found out, the poor kid will be bounced out of his or her class and that's not cool to jerk a kid around if you can help it.</blockquote>

If it was a very close friend or relative, I would if it meant a better education/environment for someone I cared for.

My justification, people I don't even care about benefit off of me...welfare/food stamps recipients, prisoners, and on and on. So if I can help someone I actually care for even if on the shady side w/ almost no consequence for personal punishment/penalty or effort required, I will. Someone living in your city has no kids and their property tax helps the schools. Some have 8 kids attending the schools and don't pay extra. Nothings fair so I live by my own jaded rules.

1 thing Asians do is that 1 family (the business owners) will rent a big house in a good school district and have all these kids from Asia live there to study abroad. They charge a monthly fee to house, feed and take/pick up the kids from school. A very lucrative business because these kids come from wealthy families willing to pay almost any amount. You should have your friend/relative look into that service if you don't want to let them use your address. Excellent opportunity to learn a foreign language for free.

Back