Author Topic: Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers  (Read 1340775 times)

Offline moc

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 5
  • -Received: 3
Re: Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers
« Reply #2475 on: February 18, 2019, 10:49:06 AM »
OMG, my eyes hurt looking at the downstairs flooring on this listing...

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/49-Lupari-92618/home/51681152

Over $650/sf for basically ZERO upgrades?  Someone send a memo to the listing agent and seller the market is soft for homes for over $1m in Irvine.  haha

That kitchen is too sad. They didn't even opt for a basic back splash. And yeah basic tile in the kitchen and bathrooms...jeez.

Offline Mety

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 102
  • -Received: 112
« Reply #2476 on: February 19, 2019, 02:50:42 PM »

Over $650/sf for basically ZERO upgrades?  Someone send a memo to the listing agent and seller the market is soft for homes for over $1m in Irvine.  haha

That kitchen is too sad. They didn't even opt for a basic back splash. And yeah basic tile in the kitchen and bathrooms...jeez.

On the positive note, those are the reasons you can ask for discounts!

#fepo

Offline moc

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 5
« Reply #2477 on: February 19, 2019, 03:03:37 PM »

I will try to remember this silver lining someday *IF*I ever have a budget of over $1 million  ;D In my mind though I just feel like if I'm at that point and can spend that kind of money on a house I would want some basic upgrades like a back splash.

Offline Cares

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 28
« Reply #2478 on: February 21, 2019, 09:17:22 AM »

I will try to remember this silver lining someday *IF*I ever have a budget of over $1 million  ;D In my mind though I just feel like if I'm at that point and can spend that kind of money on a house I would want some basic upgrades like a back splash.

We're currently ripping out our entirely brand new house flooring and kitchen countertops to put in new flooring and backsplash. It's wasteful to me but that's what the wife wants.

Offline Mety

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #2479 on: February 21, 2019, 11:54:07 AM »

We're currently ripping out our entirely brand new house flooring and kitchen countertops to put in new flooring and backsplash. It's wasteful to me but that's what the wife wants.

Why didn't you do that during the construction?
#fepo

Offline zubs

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 63
  • -Received: 336
« Reply #2480 on: February 21, 2019, 11:59:35 AM »
Don't banks require houses to be fully finished before they fund a loan?
A lot of new buyers don't upgrade their house through the builder because they can get it done cheaper by aftermarket contractors.

Plus you don't pay the extra property taxes for a more expensive house.

Offline akkord

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 49
« Reply #2481 on: February 21, 2019, 02:12:30 PM »
@mety exactly what zubs said

A 10k flooring job is 20k through the builder and you have to pay the property tax on that 20k and all the other upgrades that went through the builder. We had asked if we could just pay upfront on certain upgrades to keep builder warranty w/o increasing the price of the house, they said no.

We also asked if the builder could leave the flooring unfinished to save on the demo cost & dust from removing tile/carpet, but bank said they wouldn't close on the loan. Worked out for us since we didn't do anything post close and sold the house a couple years later.

A lot of new buyers don't upgrade their house through the builder because they can get it done cheaper by aftermarket contractors.

Offline marmott

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 19
  • -Received: 44
« Reply #2482 on: February 21, 2019, 02:46:09 PM »
I know of one builder that allowed my friend to hire their electrician pre dry wall to add recessed lights without going through the design center, effectively avoiding the builder tax.

To be honest it never crossed my mind to even ask the builders we dealt with. Maybe next time.

edit: And by "their electrician", I mean the builder's contractor.

Offline Mety

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #2483 on: February 21, 2019, 03:23:32 PM »
@mety exactly what zubs said

A 10k flooring job is 20k through the builder and you have to pay the property tax on that 20k and all the other upgrades that went through the builder. We had asked if we could just pay upfront on certain upgrades to keep builder warranty w/o increasing the price of the house, they said no.

We also asked if the builder could leave the flooring unfinished to save on the demo cost & dust from removing tile/carpet, but bank said they wouldn't close on the loan. Worked out for us since we didn't do anything post close and sold the house a couple years later.

I know you can find cheaper contractors outside the builder and also there will be less tax each year. But at today's market, I think you can kinda ask for more upgrades. So if the builder gives you incentives and upgrades, then you might not even have to hire an extra contractor for flooring or countertop jobs. If it was a move-in ready home already built, then yes you have to rip out, but I was asking if Cares had a chance to ask for upgrades to the builder as incentives. I know he said they were sort of ignorant when he was asking for the mortgage interest rates so maybe they didn't even bother giving incentives?

#fepo

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2038
  • -Received: 1612
« Reply #2484 on: February 21, 2019, 05:14:22 PM »

Happy wife, happy life...correct?  ;)
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline irvineband

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 19
  • -Received: 6
« Reply #2485 on: February 23, 2019, 05:44:29 PM »
Listen I love WB but 200,000 appreciation in one year? It sold for 1.2 last year and its listed at 1.4 now.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/12-Bluejay-92604/home/4686911?utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=copy_link&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link

Offline irvineprospect

• Thanks
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #2486 on: February 25, 2019, 03:31:00 PM »
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/2-Pintail-92604/home/4687684

I thought $2.5M would belong here.  But maybe not?

https://goo.gl/maps/bZ1KJBTUdzy
hmmmm....  FCB fresh off the bus, walking in the middle of the road instead of the sidewalk, no less?

Offline Mety

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #2487 on: February 25, 2019, 03:41:49 PM »
Listen I love WB but 200,000 appreciation in one year? It sold for 1.2 last year and its listed at 1.4 now.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/12-Bluejay-92604/home/4686911?utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=copy_link&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link

WB is Woodbury. Please use Wbridge or something for Woodbridge.
Another confusing one is PP. PP is for Pavilion Park. Please use ParP for Parasol Park.
Thanks.

#fepo

Offline paydawg

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 38
  • -Received: 87
« Reply #2488 on: February 26, 2019, 09:19:43 PM »

Another confusing one is PP. PP is for Pavilion Park. Please use ParP for Parasol Park.
Thanks.

And please use OverPriced for Cadence Park. 
Thanks.
Thanks in advance for the 'thanks'!!

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2038
  • -Received: 1612
« Reply #2489 on: February 28, 2019, 12:24:21 PM »

Thanks.

On MLS....WD = Woodbury  WB = Woodbridge  GP = Pavilion Park, Beacon Park, Cadence Park, and Altair. 
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters