Realtor Contract?

almondtofu

I have a question about using different realtors.  I have been a bit frustrated with a referral realtor and we submitted an offer through that person but it wasn't accepted. I just didn't feel very well represented by that particular realtor.  I am still very interested in the home and it is still on the market.  What's the legality of using another realtor or going straight to the listing agent for a 2nd chance? The offer we submitted had an expiration date and the time has passed.  Am I bound to this realtor for this house or just that one particular submittal?

Thanks everyone!

almondtofu said:
I have a question about using different realtors.  I have been a bit frustrated with a referral realtor and we submitted an offer through that person but it wasn't accepted. I just didn't feel very well represented by that particular realtor.  I am still very interested in the home and it is still on the market.  What's the legality of using another realtor or going straight to the listing agent for a 2nd chance? The offer we submitted had an expiration date and the time has passed.  Am I bound to this realtor for this house or just that one particular submittal?

Thanks everyone!

Did you sign a contract with the realtor to be your sole representative to be your buying agent?
Otherwise, you should not have any legal responsibility to stick with the realtor.

almondtofu said:

Thanks everyone!
As I2I stated, if you have any signed a buyer's exclusive agent representation agreement you'll have to cancel that agreement before you proceed with on that or any other home.  If you haven't signed anything, then you are in the clear to make another offer on the home that you are interested in through another agent (including the listing agent).  Did your realtor give you a reason why your offer wasn't accepted? 

Back