Sketch released in possible child abduction

cameray

Sketch released in possible child abduction

l6n9c1-b78672477z.120100804130813000ge2pnpms.2.jpg

IRVINE ? A mother may have averted the kidnapping of her 4-year-old son when she spotted two men trying to walk away with the young boy, authorities said.

The woman was coming out of the restroom when she saw her son being carried away by a strange man, officials said. The incident, which occurred Saturday afternoon during a company picnic, is highly suspicious and officials are asking for the public's help to locate one of the men involved.

The incident occurred Saturday at about 2 p.m., while the woman was attending a social event that was being organized by her new job, said Jim Amormino, spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

The woman, her boyfriend and son attended the picnic in section four of the Irvine Regional Park, Amormino said. The woman's son was inside a bounce house and she asked her boyfriend to look after him while she went to the restroom.

When the woman walked out, she couldn't find the boy inside the bounce house, Amormino said.

"One hundred yards away, a man was actually carrying the 4-year-old," Amormino said.

The man was accompanied by a second male and they were walking away from the picnic, Amormino said. The woman approached them and the man carrying the child said he was taking the boy to the bathroom.

The man let go of the boy and the mother took the child to the restroom. The two men walked away.

"They were actually walking away from where the restroom was," Amormino said. "I think the mother averted a child abduction."

The mother, a relatively new hire at the company, did not report the incident until Tuesday afternoon, thinking the men may have been part of the picnic, which included about 150 participants, he said.

But after sharing the event with co-workers and friends, she filed a report with deputies. A sketch of one of the suspects was made Tuesday evening.

One of the suspects is described as a Pacific Islander, between 5 feet 8 inches tall to 5 feet, 10 inches, 45 to 50 years old with short salt and pepper hair, no facial hair, an wearing an orange button-up shirt and slacks.

The second man was described as Caucasian, 5 feet 8 inches tall, between 45-50 years old of medium build and short brown hair.

Anyone with information is asked to contact authorities at 714-647-4005.

jumpcut said:
I am simply shocked...SHOCKED!...that no one on TI has commented on this crime in the city of Orange after being posted here for 5 whole days!!  ::)

http://www.ocreader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=1542
Is that sketch of BK? Oh wait... 5' 8".

I'm not sure what kind of comments should be made here... something like "Wait! I know that guy!"... or "Yeah... that was me!"??

Maybe the mother was from Irvine and she was used to how safe it is to leave her kid playing in a bounce house?

Back