Destroy, Build, Destroy (grass that is)

irvinehomeowner

I have a very small area in my backyard that used to have St. Augustine grass (it's that viney one).

We had it replaced with regular grass (I think it was some fescue) but the St. Augustine slowly grew back and is now dominating that small patch of lawn.

1. How do I get rid of the St. Augustine for good?

2. What do you recommend to replace it with that is low maintenance and durable (short of astro-turf)?

3. What is a reasonable cost for #2 (it's a 6x10 area)?

Are you really sure you want to get rid of it??? I know it doesn't have the same "look" as fescue type grasses, but it's practically indestructible, and is the the only kind that holds up to dogs and heavy foot traffic.

I have St Augustine in the back lawn (with some fescue that I have destroyed to insert St Aug plugs) and fescue in front. Frankly, the St Aug is a winner. It's a warm weather grass, so fares much better here in So Cal. As an added bonus, you can mow it every 2-3 weeks, rather than the weekly mow that fescue needs.

One of the other things I really like about it is its density.... you just don't get weeds in it like you do the fescue. In fact, I have been battling crab grass out front with no success. Finally, out of utter frustration, I'm embarrassed to say that I bought a chemical. Said toxin did little to nothing for my crab grass problem, but the label happened to mention that it should not be applied to St Augustine grass. I forget what it was, but I bought it at Home Depot.

I can't emphasize enough how much lower maintenance St Aug is over fescue.

The problem is you have depleted and stripped soil that is contaminated with urban detritus. You need to correct that before anything desirable will grow. Luckily biononamics provides the answer.

The Winter Solstice is fast approaching and you have a window of opportunity to fix the depletion of the soil that is plaguing you and allowing the St. Augustine to flourish instead of the more desirable lawn crop. You will need to make a preparation for the soil that will correct the depletion and contamination.

To prepare it, you will need to gather a Ram's horn, the Ram's horn is important, and should be large from a mature and prime Ram.

You will also need bull manure, note BULL manure, not cow manure which is likely a blend of steer and heifer manure. You need confirmed BULL manure. I recommend collecting in personally to insure purity. The purity of the ingredients and preparatory practices are essential in biononamics.

Next, you're going to need Boar testicles. Not pig testes, pigs are domesticated weak and damaged animals. You need wild Boar testicles in order to harvest the supernatural and cosmic forces to replenish your soil.

The last ingredient is ground quartz. Be careful not to get any industrial residue components with your quartz. I suggest having the quartz of a pure crystal ground.

The preparation and it's use is pretty straight forward. You'll combine the bull manure, boar testicles and ground quartz packing them into the Ram's horn. The Ram's horn is then buried six inches in the ground at midnight on the Winter Solstice in the desired area. The ground is then consecrated by enjoying the climax of a most desirable woman in the village on the spot by the village elders.

You then leave the area until the Spring Solstice when a different preparation is used. Since this is a house, I'm assuming you'll be able to fulfill the role of Elder and your wife the village hottie.

@_@

Winter Solstice begins Dec 21, 2009 this year. If you really want to perform neo-pagan rituals, you need to get stuff like yule logs, mistletoe, holly berry, acorns, etc.

holly-berry.jpg

As for renewing the earth, it'd be easier to just buy a bag of fertilizer.

If you are unable to make the trip up to Harris Ranch to make sure that you are getting item #2, you can simply print out and shred NSR's post, because you won't find a more pure form of utter bull$#!+.
Well done.

Back