Author Topic: Costco gas station at Tustin Ranch  (Read 669 times)

Offline Kings

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 271
  • -Received: 264
Re: Costco gas station at Tustin Ranch
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 01:45:37 PM »
Tustin tire center is always packed, and they’ll be removing it to add the gas station... gas must be much more profitable.

I heard that gas is a low margin item and that gas stations make most of their money from the quickie mart. Sort of like theatres don't make much on tickets but get most of their profits from popcorn.

gas is a very low margin product, and costco sometimes takes a loss on gas sales with the hope that people will go shopping before/after.

Offline jamesKirk

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 11
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 01:53:15 PM »
There’s still a line. But why compare the Costco gas line on Technology to Fullerton? Then should we compare it to the Costco gas line at Marina Del Rey (line stretches to the In and out area of the parking lot) or Alhambra (it felt like a maze to get into the Costco gas)

The Spectrum Costco has isn’t really very crowded. Way less compared to others I’ve been to like the Fullerton location.

This would draw a bit from the district, but also a huge increase in commuter traffic since it’s right off the freeway.
Also more people coming from Santa Ana. El Camino will be backed up for sure if it’s going in the corner where the tire center is.

I probably won’t go to this location anyways since it’s further than the Spectrum Costco, but if it’s cheaper I may stop by if I’m going north on the 5.

Im saying the technology Costco doesn’t need any draw from it since it’s not that crowded. It’s the district Costco that’s the problem. I never go there, it’s dangerous getting into the station opening.

Offline jamesKirk

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 01:55:50 PM »
There’s still a line. But why compare the Costco gas line on Technology to Fullerton? Then should we compare it to the Costco gas line at Marina Del Rey (line stretches to the In and out area of the parking lot) or Alhambra (it felt like a maze to get into the Costco gas)

The Spectrum Costco has isn’t really very crowded. Way less compared to others I’ve been to like the Fullerton location.

This would draw a bit from the district, but also a huge increase in commuter traffic since it’s right off the freeway.
Also more people coming from Santa Ana. El Camino will be backed up for sure if it’s going in the corner where the tire center is.

I probably won’t go to this location anyways since it’s further than the Spectrum Costco, but if it’s cheaper I may stop by if I’m going north on the 5.

Is all that hassle worth the $5 you save per tank?

If I’m passing it then why not? The Irvine Costco is out of my way if I’m going north on the 5. The market place would be the most convenient location and I think a lot of people will also do the same. That’s the problem that these traffic analysis don’t capture, the culture and personality of humans. They will wait an extra 15 minutes to save a few bucks on gas. It’s not the direct locals who will cause massive traffic at this new Costco gas.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 348
  • -Received: 599
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 01:57:58 PM »

Im saying the technology Costco doesn’t need any draw from it since it’s not that crowded. It’s the district Costco that’s the problem. I never go there, it’s dangerous getting into the station opening.

Dangerous getting into?

Offline jamesKirk

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2019, 02:13:31 PM »

Dangerous getting into?

Have you been there at rush hour? There will be a few people who get really aggressive and try to do dumb things . For instance if you’re coming from the theatre there are two “lanes” to get in, one for the left turn going toward the theatres and one for turn right coming from that direction. I’ve seen people try to turn right into that second lane meant for the left turning people and almost get t-boned by people turning left into the station.

I don’t go there anymore since I’m living closer to the technology one now. Even when we go to the district I never go there.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2133
  • -Received: 1678
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2019, 08:07:57 PM »

Is all that hassle worth the $5 you save per tank?

$5?  Yeah, if you are filling up a semi maybe.  It's about $3 or so if you are running bone dry.  Here's a solution, people should get themselves a 5% off gas PenFed CU credit card and not deal with those stupid Costco gas station lines.  I never understand why people would sit in those lines for 20-30 minutes to save a few bucks. 
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links