Author Topic: The 2020 Presidential Election  (Read 19846 times)

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 307
  • -Received: 326
Re: The 2020 Presidential Election
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2019, 07:40:38 AM »
Just a matter of time until he gets convicted/pleads...curious to see if he steps down.

California GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter's wife Margaret pleaded guilty on Thursday to conspiring with her husband to "knowingly and willingly" convert campaign funds for personal use and has agreed to cooperate with prosecutors.

Both Hunters previously pleaded not guilty to federal charges that they had stolen a quarter of a million dollars in campaign funds to furnish their lavish lifestyle.

Margaret Hunter appeared alone with her lawyers in a federal district court in San Diego before Judge Thomas Whelan, where she changed her plea in the high-profile case. The congressman did not appear with his wife on Thursday.

She acknowledged she was a member of the conspiracy and as part of that conspiracy, she and her husband spent more than $10,000 on a family vacation to Italy on the campaign credit card, knowing it was well outside the family's budget. Duncan Hunter attempted to set up a one-day tour of a naval base in Italy to justify the trip.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/politics/margaret-hunter-duncan-hunter-california/index.html

I knew before the election he'd win but my best guess now would be his wife falls on the sword with her guilty plea and takes the brunt of the heat.

That guy is gonna get schooled in Florida.  Desantis will win easily.  And to the consternation of many, Duncan Hunter, in San Diego (if he doesn't pull out) will win his seat again.  Mark my words.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 585
  • -Received: 508
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2019, 04:37:53 PM »
Just a matter of time until he gets convicted/pleads...curious to see if he steps down.

California GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter's wife Margaret pleaded guilty on Thursday to conspiring with her husband to "knowingly and willingly" convert campaign funds for personal use and has agreed to cooperate with prosecutors.

Both Hunters previously pleaded not guilty to federal charges that they had stolen a quarter of a million dollars in campaign funds to furnish their lavish lifestyle.

Margaret Hunter appeared alone with her lawyers in a federal district court in San Diego before Judge Thomas Whelan, where she changed her plea in the high-profile case. The congressman did not appear with his wife on Thursday.

She acknowledged she was a member of the conspiracy and as part of that conspiracy, she and her husband spent more than $10,000 on a family vacation to Italy on the campaign credit card, knowing it was well outside the family's budget. Duncan Hunter attempted to set up a one-day tour of a naval base in Italy to justify the trip.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/politics/margaret-hunter-duncan-hunter-california/index.html

I knew before the election he'd win but my best guess now would be his wife falls on the sword with her guilty plea and takes the brunt of the heat.

That guy is gonna get schooled in Florida.  Desantis will win easily.  And to the consternation of many, Duncan Hunter, in San Diego (if he doesn't pull out) will win his seat again.  Mark my words.

You don't understand how this work then...she is getting off easy so she can testify against Hunter.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2019, 09:16:27 AM »
My man Swalwell drew 18 to his rally today...One dollar well spent!

The NRA posted photos of Swalwell and the 18 people who showed up to listen to his gun control push. The glass building in the background is NRA headquarters:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1140733643381493760

Offline Kings

• Thanks
  • -Given: 258
  • -Received: 240
« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2019, 11:07:59 AM »
My man Swalwell drew 18 to his rally today...One dollar well spent!

The NRA posted photos of Swalwell and the 18 people who showed up to listen to his gun control push. The glass building in the background is NRA headquarters:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1140733643381493760

wow, i can't believe you would post this complete fabrication of fake news!

there are at least 19 people there! (if you count swalwell LOL)

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2019, 11:19:04 AM »
But there was thirty or forty media to cover the mob...right across town at Trumps rally?  hmmmmm

How Trump's reelection rally is affecting planes, trains and traffic in Orlando

ORLANDO, Fla. - President Donald Trump’s visit to Orlando on Tuesday is impacting how planes, trains and automobiles travel to and through the City Beautiful.

As tens of thousands of people flood downtown Orlando for Trump’s reelection rally, the city’s transit systems are adapting their schedules to meet the increased demand while also curbing traffic on certain roads for security purposes.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/supporters-camping-out-roads-already-closed-ahead-of-president-trumps-orlando-rally/958823101
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 11:27:42 AM by morekaos »

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2019, 12:39:02 PM »

Anyways — Keep clutching to your old world views - you guys can afford to since many of you are self employed and can live out your fantasies on right leaning forums like these and likeminded Facebook groups etc .

But out in the real world , norms are changing fast and there is only so much change you can hold off clinging on to a thin undemocratic senate majority. 

Just think of all the stuff you guys took for granted even 10 years ago that is no longer acceptable.

Five more years of Trump, then eight more years of Pence.  13 more years of no change...I'll take that, after I'm gone I could care less, my kids problem, I'm confident they'll deal with it properly.

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
  • -Given: 193
  • -Received: 222
« Reply #216 on: July 10, 2019, 02:27:59 PM »
you cannot make this up

so the geniuses at white house created a forum on "social media censorship" and happened to invite an alt right type cartoonist . 

when they found out who he was , they kicked him out

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #217 on: July 10, 2019, 02:52:45 PM »
You and Carl will never understand

Liberal Media Scream: Bernstein wants probe of why people support Trump

On CNN’s Reliable Sources, Bernstein accused Trump of bringing a “cold civil war almost to the point of ignition” by promoting “undemocratic notions and authoritarian notions.”

And he urged an exploration of why people support him “no matter what he does, no matter how outrageous seemingly his conduct is.” He urged the media to do “some real reporting” by making “our table bigger in terms of our reportorial landscape.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/liberal-media-scream-bernstein-wants-probe-of-why-people-support-trump

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #218 on: July 10, 2019, 03:55:04 PM »
Yeah no one can understand the dumb-assery of the MAGA cult - have to agree w you there 

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #219 on: July 10, 2019, 04:04:41 PM »
Stormey stormey stormey... avenatti avenatti avenatti.. uhh meuller mueller mueller...uhhh impeach impeach impeach. Uhh Epstein Epstein ep....who’s Really the dumbasses?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 04:11:11 PM by morekaos »

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #220 on: July 10, 2019, 04:32:06 PM »
That was so easy . I rest my case :) 

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #221 on: July 10, 2019, 04:58:25 PM »
I rested my case November 8 2016.

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #222 on: July 10, 2019, 05:21:52 PM »
Oh really - then why are you always here like a crank pot in town square shouting at passers by ? 

Why all the insecurity ?

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #223 on: July 10, 2019, 09:06:13 PM »
Entertainment

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #224 on: July 11, 2019, 05:03:23 AM »
Sounds about right ...

Trump — “ A big subject today at the White House Social Media Summit will be the tremendous dishonesty, bias, discrimination and suppression practiced by certain companies. We will not let them get away with it much longer. The Fake News Media will also be there, but for a limited period..“

“....The Fake News is not as important, or as powerful, as Social Media. They have lost tremendous credibility since that day in November, 2016, that I came down the escalator with the person who was to become your future First Lady. When I ultimately leave office in six......”

....years, or maybe 10 or 14 (just kidding), they will quickly go out of business for lack of credibility, or approval, from the public. That’s why they will all be Endorsing me at some point, one way or the other. Could you imagine having Sleepy Joe Biden, or @AlfredENeuman99,..

...or a very nervous and skinny version of Pocahontas (1000/24th), as your President, rather than what you have now, so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius! Sorry to say that even Social Media would be driven out of business along with, and finally, the Fake News Media! “

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: God? by Panda
[Today at 02:35:06 PM]

Re: God? by Panda
[Today at 02:23:46 PM]

Re: Year round elementary schools by zubs
[Today at 12:08:01 PM]