Author Topic: The 2020 Presidential Election  (Read 8287 times)

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 278
  • -Received: 304
Re: The 2020 Presidential Election
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2019, 07:40:38 AM »
Just a matter of time until he gets convicted/pleads...curious to see if he steps down.

California GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter's wife Margaret pleaded guilty on Thursday to conspiring with her husband to "knowingly and willingly" convert campaign funds for personal use and has agreed to cooperate with prosecutors.

Both Hunters previously pleaded not guilty to federal charges that they had stolen a quarter of a million dollars in campaign funds to furnish their lavish lifestyle.

Margaret Hunter appeared alone with her lawyers in a federal district court in San Diego before Judge Thomas Whelan, where she changed her plea in the high-profile case. The congressman did not appear with his wife on Thursday.

She acknowledged she was a member of the conspiracy and as part of that conspiracy, she and her husband spent more than $10,000 on a family vacation to Italy on the campaign credit card, knowing it was well outside the family's budget. Duncan Hunter attempted to set up a one-day tour of a naval base in Italy to justify the trip.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/politics/margaret-hunter-duncan-hunter-california/index.html

I knew before the election he'd win but my best guess now would be his wife falls on the sword with her guilty plea and takes the brunt of the heat.

That guy is gonna get schooled in Florida.  Desantis will win easily.  And to the consternation of many, Duncan Hunter, in San Diego (if he doesn't pull out) will win his seat again.  Mark my words.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 581
  • -Received: 500
Re: The 2020 Presidential Election
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2019, 04:37:53 PM »
Just a matter of time until he gets convicted/pleads...curious to see if he steps down.

California GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter's wife Margaret pleaded guilty on Thursday to conspiring with her husband to "knowingly and willingly" convert campaign funds for personal use and has agreed to cooperate with prosecutors.

Both Hunters previously pleaded not guilty to federal charges that they had stolen a quarter of a million dollars in campaign funds to furnish their lavish lifestyle.

Margaret Hunter appeared alone with her lawyers in a federal district court in San Diego before Judge Thomas Whelan, where she changed her plea in the high-profile case. The congressman did not appear with his wife on Thursday.

She acknowledged she was a member of the conspiracy and as part of that conspiracy, she and her husband spent more than $10,000 on a family vacation to Italy on the campaign credit card, knowing it was well outside the family's budget. Duncan Hunter attempted to set up a one-day tour of a naval base in Italy to justify the trip.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/politics/margaret-hunter-duncan-hunter-california/index.html

I knew before the election he'd win but my best guess now would be his wife falls on the sword with her guilty plea and takes the brunt of the heat.

That guy is gonna get schooled in Florida.  Desantis will win easily.  And to the consternation of many, Duncan Hunter, in San Diego (if he doesn't pull out) will win his seat again.  Mark my words.

You don't understand how this work then...she is getting off easy so she can testify against Hunter.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts