Locksmith Recommendations

lnc

Since many here are thinking about re-key the locks on the newly purchased home, anyone have a good locksmith recommendations?

From Yelp search, here's top two rated locksmith in Irvine area.  Anyone use them before with good experience?

Joe Joe's Lock & Key (949) 748-0699http://joejoeslockandkey.com/

Spirit Locksmith (949) 400-7013 http://www.spiritlocksmith.com/

Many new home use a "builder's key" during construction and when the first use of the owner's key it will lock out the builder's key so the re-key might not be necessary.  However, depend on the lock manufacture, it still might be a good idea to hire a locksmith to re-key or take out a  master key "pin" in the lock.http://www.locksmithcharley.com/builderkey.html

I've had great experiences with Jacob with Spirit Locksmith.
Saw his car out in front of a new neighbor's home this weekend on Sunday.

In working with him, I've had no reports of problems from any clients, so far.
Will continue to seek out his service when I can.

Hope this helps,
-IrvineRealtor

I also used Spirit Locksmith to re-key a number of locks at our home.

I initially intended to re-key 6 locks, and install 2 deadbolts. I obtained quotes from Joe Joe's, Academy Locksmith, and Spirit. I also tried to get a quote from Charlie Ross Locksmith but never got a call back.

I picked Spirit because it was about $60 cheaper than Joe Joe's before a Yelp coupon, but also because the reviews on Spirit seemed to be quite positive. Jacob came by my house on a Saturday w/ his daughter and did all the work in under an hour. He even talked me out of additional work that I thought was necessary, but that he said was basically a waste of my money (but that he'd gladly do if I insisted on having done). I appreciated that he saved me an additional $100 to not do this work.

Overall, very happy with Spirit and would recommend him to anyone looking for a locksmith.

What type of work did you want to do?  Can they key all of the locks to use one master key?

jmoney74 said:
What type of work did you want to do?  Can they key all of the locks to use one master key?

I'm thinking of re-key all the locks to one set of new keys and maybe add double dead bolts to the french doors.

I came here to find recommendations for a locksmith from others and I am so glad I found this thread. Yes it's from 2014 but Spirit Locksmith is still going strong. i phoned and left them a message early am. on a Saturday. I received a call from Jacob right away and he was at my doorstep by noon. He rekeyed 5 locks at a discounted rate of a $35 each plus $55 for service call . He gave me 4 copies of the key. one key opens all 5 locks. He's experienced, fast, friendly, and professional.

anybody know of a locksmith that has a physical store and do the key there? I just want to do a custom car key and all these guys are mobile and won't take the job just for one key.

anybody know of a locksmith that has a physical store and do the key there? I just want to do a custom car key and all these guys are mobile and won't take the job just for one key.
If you're just copying a key... go to Lowe's, Home Depot... or maybe even CVS or a grocery store. They have a key copy machine that is really easy to use.

Back