Anyone know of a good landscape electrician

frank69m

That can do installations of lighting and some removal and installation of new bushes. Not too large of a job I have.

I used California Custom Landscape. They ripped out my front and back yards, which looked atrocious (previous owner let everything die) and replanted with a "tropical" theme in the front to match the rest of the neighborhood, and an "English garden" them in the back for my own piece of paradise. They also redid my auto sprinkler system, which was a mess, and replaced lighting. I'm also using them for monthly maintenance (mowing, trimming, etc) for $100/month.

Visitors always comment about how "clean" my backyard looks. I tell them it's all due to the owner. He took my ideas and really went to town. I would never claim to have a green thumb, so I heavily relied on his experience and expertise. Glad I did!

Henry, the owner, is a great guy...very knowledgeable and very customer service-oriented. His portfolio is equally as impressive.
http://www.califcustomlandscape.com/

Neh... I don't think OKKid is related... maybe a friend but even if, this is a place where people are asking for referrals so I don't fault him for it.

TustinRanchResident said:
OKKid = Henry/Wife/Relative/Friend?

Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong.

I'm simply a satisfied customer that enjoys writing recommendations for the service providers that I'm very happy with. See my other reviews before you jump to conclusions.

OKkid said:
I used California Custom Landscape. They ripped out my front and back yards, which looked atrocious (previous owner let everything die) and replanted with a "tropical" theme in the front to match the rest of the neighborhood, and an "English garden" them in the back for my own piece of paradise. They also redid my auto sprinkler system, which was a mess, and replaced lighting. I'm also using them for monthly maintenance (mowing, trimming, etc) for $100/month.

Visitors always comment about how "clean" my backyard looks. I tell them it's all due to the owner. He took my ideas and really went to town. I would never claim to have a green thumb, so I heavily relied on his experience and expertise. Glad I did!

Henry, the owner, is a great guy...very knowledgeable and very customer service-oriented. His portfolio is equally as impressive.
how much did it cost to you, a rough idea will help.

OKkid said:
I'm simply a satisfied customer that enjoys writing recommendations for the service providers that I'm very happy with. See my other reviews before you jump to conclusions.

You have repeated yourself (easy to copy and paste, eh?) on same recommendation  (http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=842.msg16956#msg16956) - hence the "conclusion". Either you are super satisfied customer or you are...

But "?" as suffix makes it a doubt and not a conclusion. No worries!

The price of landscape lighting can vary depending on the finish and type of fixture.  Generally speaking a brass uplight fixture can range from $35 - $85 each, wholesale price, and can be installed for about $50 each, plus the cost of the wire and a transformer if needed.  Transformers will run between $350 - $800 depending the size wattage they can handle.  A decent path light will cost about $75 - $150 each.  Any particular light fixture you are thinking about? Hope this helps. 

New shrubs will vary in price depending on size and quality. Here is a rough idea of pricing for standard shrubs.

1 Gallon $10-15 each
5 Gallon $25 - $35 each
15 Gallon $85 - 120 each
24" Box tree $275 - $400 each

This would include the plant material, installation and a warranty.

TustinRanchResident said:
OKkid said:

You have repeated yourself (easy to copy and paste, eh?) on same recommendation  (http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=842.msg16956#msg16956) - hence the "conclusion". Either you are super satisfied customer or you are...

::)

octrends said:
OKkid said:

how much did it cost to you, a rough idea will help.

It was roughly $7K. It included:

~Removal of old bushes, plants, etc.
~Removal of two trees
~Sprinkler system repair
~Fixing cracked sidewalks, replacing brick ribbons
~Planting new plants, bushes, flowers
~Cost of materials
~Replacing some lights and fixing others

I'm sure I'm missing a couple of items. I have the breakdown somewhere if you need it.

All in all, it took about 2 weeks for the crew to complete everything, and that includes some rain days.

Studio H Landscape Architecture said:
The price of landscape lighting can vary depending on the finish and type of fixture.  Generally speaking a brass uplight fixture can range from $35 - $85 each, wholesale price, and can be installed for about $50 each, plus the cost of the wire and a transformer if needed.  Transformers will run between $350 - $800 depending the size wattage they can handle.  A decent path light will cost about $75 - $150 each.  Any particular light fixture you are thinking about? Hope this helps. 

New shrubs will vary in price depending on size and quality. Here is a rough idea of pricing for standard shrubs.

1 Gallon $10-15 each
5 Gallon $25 - $35 each
15 Gallon $85 - 120 each
24" Box tree $275 - $400 each

This would include the plant material, installation and a warranty.

great thanks for the feedback. I have a fairly small job..replacing about 6 dead head bushes, and replacing and adding landscape lighting..a few uprights and some ground ones. About 1/2 of mine don't work. I've always wondered how you guys do it with the wiring going underneath the cement.

If we ever have a next home, I'm going to forgo the wired lighting and use solar ones.

Not as bright but less maintenance hassles as you can move them where ever you need to and don't need to worry about an electrical outlet.

Back