Recent content by zovall

  1. Z

    Toyota moving to Texas

    I'm glad that OC sales tax has not increased in the way LA sales tax has. I've spent some years in some of the 'nice' parts of LA county where the sales tax is now 11% and the level of government services that I noticed there are nowhere near what things are like in Irvine and South OC (which of...
  2. Z

    Toyota moving to Texas

  3. Z

    ICE or EV?

    Oh man, some of those cities in LA County are even worse! data: https://cdtfa.ca.gov/taxes-and-fees/rates.aspx
  4. Z

    Cielo million dollar price drops

    I've lived in a home like this and though it is rare, it does feel weird when someone is up there. Also, having a hill behind your home makes your home feel cramped. I mean, sit in the backyard of the home with a hill behind it and sit in the backyard of the home on the hill and it is a world of...
  5. Z

    Retail Openings and Closures

    Sharetea at UTC closed down. And looks like Auntea Jenny is replacing it.
  6. Z

    The end may be near

    "grandchildren never listen to grandfathers"
  7. Z

    EV/Plug-in/Other vehicles

    Oh, I absolutely agree that the Model 3 is awesome, we have 2 of them :) The Model Y is just more popular than the Model 3. I think people prefer the CUV/Small SUV form factor. For my older relatives, it also isn't as low to the ground as the Model 3 and offers a more comfortable ride.
  8. Z

    EV/Plug-in/Other vehicles

    It would be the Model Y or Model Y L right? I'm trying to get my older relatives (in their 70s and 80s) to get the Model Y and FSD. There is no doubt that it is safer than them driving. But they are old school and like to run their cars into the ground (it works fine so why replace it) instead...
  9. Z

    President Trump

    Though we have it really nice in Irvine, I’d like to see it get even better. Surely you’ve noticed there has been a downward trend.
  10. Z

    Stock picks

    https://www.groundbrkr.com/p/peak-cheap-the-ai-boom-isnt-2000
  11. Z

    Stock picks

  12. Z

    Stock picks

    Yeah you wouldn't be able to have sold near the frothy top where things are currently. But depending on when you would have joined, the options you would have been granted would have been at an extremely low valuation (relatively)
  13. Z

    Stock picks

    SpaceX dominates because they outcompete due to the capabilities and products they've built. Favoritism has been on the old incumbents like Boeing/ULA who haven't been able to deliver. What Peter Beck and Rocket Lab have done is also great - hope they keep it going!
  14. Z

    Stock picks

    It is back to what it IPOd at (~$135/share and a $1.75T valuation). This happens all the time. It will definitely be volatile and so use the dips as buying opportunities if you believe in it longer term. Starship Flight 13 is scheduled for this afternoon...
  15. Z

    Irvine Crime Wave

    Interesting!
Back
Top