Fantasy Football

What the hell. I could give a rat's ass about football but at least these things keep me more interested when I am forced to watch, which is often.

I'm down. After my March Madness victory, I'm looking to sweep the 2009 IHB fantasy sports season. Just like the beloved Lakers will sweep.

[quote author="Serious Weapon" date=1244612492]I know USC aka postwhore aka thread jacker will probably play, anyone else?</blockquote>
Thread jacker, who me? haha Nah mang, I don't do the whole fantasy football thing...I'm too busy betting on the games (both college and pro football). We should have a football pool every week where everyone has to select the teams and spreads. Weekly winners plus end of year winners.

[quote author="CK" date=1244613541]I'm down. After my March Madness victory, I'm looking to sweep the 2009 IHB fantasy sports season. Just like the beloved Lakers will sweep.</blockquote>
There is more than luck involved with the NFL my man...this is big boy territory. haha

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1244616206]There is more than luck involved with the NFL my man...this is big boy territory. haha</blockquote>

Oh I know I'm in the big leagues now. That's why I'm drafting Brett Favre #1. You fools don't stand a chance.

I'm in. I just did fantasy football for the first time last season. Learned mucho from the draft. Came in the middle of the pack. It'll be top 3 for me against you IHB dregs.

On a stat geek note, I've done fantasy hoops every year for the past 14-15 or so years. Started back in the day when we used to input the stats from the USA Today into a Paradox database to track results. Man it's so much easier now... Any other nerd hoops junkies here?

[quote author="CK" date=1244613541]I'm down. After my March Madness victory, I'm looking to sweep the 2009 IHB fantasy sports season. <strong>Just like the beloved Lakers will sweep.</strong></blockquote>

Your sweep has already been broken, and it doesn't bode well for your IHB sweep. That being said, I still think the Lakers will take it, and I have no idea or even want to get involved in a fantasy football league. I'm just waiting for the Ipo Laker game recap that will explain where they need to step up at.

Alright... carry on with your fantasy football thread. Thread jack to pick CK is over.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1244645256][quote author="CK" date=1244613541]I'm down. After my March Madness victory, I'm looking to sweep the 2009 IHB fantasy sports season. <strong>Just like the beloved Lakers will sweep.</strong></blockquote>

Your sweep has already been broken, and it doesn't bode well for your IHB sweep. That being said, I still think the Lakers will take it, and I have no idea or even want to get involved in a fantasy football league. I'm just waiting for the Ipo Laker game recap that will explain where they need to step up at.

Alright... carry on with your fantasy football thread. Thread jack to pick CK is over.</blockquote>
Easy...

1) Make their free throws

2) Don't turn the ball over as much

3) Don't allow Orlando to shoot 60%+ from the field

[quote author="25inIrvine" date=1244616189]I'm in! I suggest Yahoo to do this on. I also vote for a head to head league.</blockquote>

I set up an <a href="http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/">H2H league at Yahoo</a> named IHB. PM for league ID and password to get in...

All that posted here so far to play should have already have a PM from me.

We still got 2 months before the season starts, I'm sure we could get up to 12 by then :) Can we make the playoff pool a little bigger? Maybe like the NFL playoffs #1 and 2 seeds get bye weeks plus 4 more. So 6 get in total.

[quote author="25inIrvine" date=1244717398]We still got 2 months before the season starts, I'm sure we could get up to 12 by then :) Can we make the playoff pool a little bigger? Maybe like the NFL playoffs #1 and 2 seeds get bye weeks plus 4 more. So 6 get in total.</blockquote>

With 10 teams, everyone will be very thin at #3 and #4 WR already and TE will be ugly. With 12, the depth would be scary bad.

I agree on playoffs. I'll add additional.

I've played in leagues with 8, 10, and 12 teams. 10 or 12 is good. I actually prefer to have 12. It made things more interesting to have to dig a little deeper to find players. It also caused more trading among teams rather than just getting free agents to fill roster holes.

Is everyone ready? I have no idea what I'm doing. Unfortunately, I will be teaching during the actual draft tomorrow, I guess I'll have to trust the auto-draft. Good luck all! You'll have to keep me informed about what's going on because I'm afraid I won't understand much of it. Are we communicating here or on the yahoo site?

Back