Movie Reviews

PANDA_IHB

I love watching movies. Let's give one another recommendation on which movies or DVDs to watch or avoid.

I saw "Notorious" last weekend and I give it a two thumbs up. Definitely not a "family with little kids" type of movie. I found to be very inspirational as it is real story about a rags to riches rap star ("Big"). I love movies about the hood.

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

SlumDog Millionaire - Awesome! 5 Stars *****

Dude! this movie rocks! Talk about some serious "Rambo" Action. Another two thumbs up from the Panda Bear.

We saw "Up" tonight. Highly recommended, great family movie. Great story, amazing animation. There we a few scary scenes for the 5 year old --- guess that's why the PG rating. We saw the non-3D version, but I think my wife and I might go again to try to catch the 3D.

[quote author="CK" date=1243775078]We saw "Up" tonight. Highly recommended, great family movie. Great story, amazing animation. There we a few scary scenes for the 5 year old --- guess that's why the PG rating. We saw the non-3D version, but I think my wife and I might go again to try to catch the 3D.

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object></blockquote>

Ditto.

Plus, it has something often missing in movies lately. Character development.

snob,, sniffle... OMG, I can't believe I'm just balling like a baby... Just watched the The new Toy Story 3 trailer, and it looks so good... really hit me that my son has the same name; and I can't believe that he is going to grow up one day and go off to school... It also really emphasizes the house that he is going to grow up in... that is so important... the memories that we are going to create as a family, his room and toys... Everyone keeps telling us to enjoy every moment, even though it's so hard right now... and now I know why...

can't get the embeded tag to work,, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_FfHA5whXc">here is the url</a>

(RC - I inserted a different link for you so it will play by clicking. Feel free to delete it if you don't like it.)

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1258198522](RC - I inserted a different link for you so it will play by clicking. Feel free to delete it if you don't like it.)</blockquote>

socal... that had to have gotten to you too, being a mom to boys...

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1258198776][quote author="SoCal78" date=1258198522](RC - I inserted a different link for you so it will play by clicking. Feel free to delete it if you don't like it.)</blockquote>

socal... that had to have gotten to you too, being a mom to boys...</blockquote>

Who, me? No, I'm fine. No emotions here at all. See? :) ....... :-S ............... :down: Ok, so yeah, it got to me a little. LOL

I was thinking it wasn't that long ago that the first Toy Story came out, but it's actually been 14 years! That doesn't sound right but that's what it says on imdb.

I love Toy Story and so do my kids. I think the only movie that beats it is Monsters, I really wish they'd come out with a Part 2 for that one. The sappy song when Jesse is given away in Toy Story 2 always gets to me too. Yes, having kids definitely changes you and when you see how fast they grow up, you can hardly believe it. Kindergarten starts in a flash and from what I'm told the rest ends up being just a blur. My mother in law always says that if she knew how fast they'd grow up and leave her, she would have had a few more. I know it's hard when they are babies and you are sleep deprived, RC, but soon you will look at pictures of your little Andy and barely remember when he looked like that. Part of us mourns because they will never be that little baby or toddler ever again and that is truly why people say to enjoy every moment.

Guys.. I saw (2012) with my wife and mom last night. It was probably the best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. AWESOME! 5 Stars ++++ Panda nominates '2012' as the best movie of 2009.

Paranormal Activity is probably the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. The positive movie reviews on rottentomatoes.com are a pure scam. There are maybe four characters in the entire movie where the filming is done in one room 95% of the time.

Panda nominates this movie as THE WORST movie ever!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK! Have you guys seen the movie "Ring"? Now that is a freaky movie.

[quote author="tmare" date=1258199730]I love Toy Story and so do my kids. I think the only movie that beats it is Monsters, I really wish they'd come out with a Part 2 for that one. The sappy song when Jesse is given away in Toy Story 2 always gets to me too. Yes, having kids definitely changes you and when you see how fast they grow up, you can hardly believe it. Kindergarten starts in a flash and from what I'm told the rest ends up being just a blur. My mother in law always says that if she knew how fast they'd grow up and leave her, she would have had a few more. I know it's hard when they are babies and you are sleep deprived, RC, but soon you will look at pictures of your little Andy and barely remember when he looked like that. Part of us mourns because they will never be that little baby or toddler ever again and that is truly why people say to enjoy every moment.</blockquote>

Speaking of which, it became increasingly difficult to disassemble our little guy's crib today. Must've been some smoke or something in the house because it got really hard to breathe for Mrs. Deuce and me. Eyes got a little watery and all... will have to check in with the home inspector.

I only go to the dollar movie, so this movie may be old to the rest of you. I saw "The Hangover" a couple weeks back, and it was HILARIOUS! I was prepared to hate it, thought it was going to be a Dick-Flick, but was pleasantly surprised.

My husband and the kids saw the movie "9" last night. My husband loved it and was really impressed, and he is hard to please.

Panda:

You better get in as many movies as you can, because once your duo arrives, it's all cable, DVDs or streaming Internet movies for you for about 3 years.

Best movie I've seen this year is "Star Trek"... but I roll nerd-style like that... and I like J.J.Abrams films since he tends to do more character development as contrasted to Michael Bay who just likes to have as many things blowing up on the screen as possible.

Best rom-com this year... well, it didn't come out this year but after watching "The Proposal" starring Ryan Reynolds, it made me watch "Definitely, Maybe" which was surprisingly good. I guess "He's Just Not That Into You" was pretty good. I dunno... I watch a lot of rom-coms (yeah that's right) so they all tend to be about the same.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1258426399]Panda:

You better get in as many movies as you can, because once your duo arrives, it's all cable, DVDs or streaming Internet movies for you for about 3 years.</blockquote>

Yeah, Panda. You will soon know all the words to every kid show theme song too.... just like the rest of us parents. :)

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1258435194][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1258426399]Panda:

You better get in as many movies as you can, because once your duo arrives, it's all cable, DVDs or streaming Internet movies for you for about 3 years.</blockquote>

Yeah, Panda. You will soon know all the words to every kid show theme song too.... just like the rest of us parents. :)</blockquote>

Barney's theme song still haunt me to this day in my sleep.

Since I am going to be a new dad now, I guess I need to stop watching horror movies like "Paranormal Activity" huh?. Have any of you watched "Orphan"? I want to watch it! It looks so good and its out on DVD now.

Ms. Panda absolutely hates horror films so many times i have to watch them by myself. I watched "Ring" by myself when no one was home and I have admit.. I was pretty freaked out! :)

Back