Late Night Haircuts? Is it possible?

elgringo_IHB

Ok...I don't post often so please let me know if this thread should be moved.

I have at times wished I could find a barber/stylist open at late hours (say up to midnight). I am not suggesting that I think such a place exists in Irvine. But what about the rest of OC?

this just about the most bizarre post ever, you know most of Irvine shuts down at 7; is there any TIC establishment that is open at midnight anyways? maybe try the Great Clips on Campus, those students might need a hair cut in the middle of the night... How about Westminster, or Garden Grove...

this reminds me of the time when I had to go out Christmas eve, around 3:30am, looking for Pepito Bismo, Ginger Ale and Draino. Drove around Irvine for only 30 minutes. went to the 7-11 on Culver in Deerfield...

you can guess what happened that night...

why do you need to cut your hair at late night? Just curious. Maybe you can work out a deal with some barber who you like / they like you, to come to your house to cut the hair late in the night.

I understand. I'm a night owl too. I think there is an episode of Sex and The City where Carrie picks up her dry cleaning in the middle of night. I remembering thinking how cool it would be if I could conduct my business after dark.

<em>dude bro i'm so traaashed... </em>

word... whadda we do next?! the night is still young!

<em>yeaaaah man, after paaaarty... </em>

let's get some grub on... jumbo jacks!

<em>yeaah, jumbo jacks. noooo, dude, let's get tattoos...</em>

wait, let's get haircuts!

<em>yeaa bro, haircuts</em>

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1245149111]this reminds me of the time when I had to go out Christmas eve, around 3:30am, looking for Pepito Bismo, Ginger Ale and Draino. Drove around Irvine for only 30 minutes. went to the 7-11 on Culver in Deerfield...

you can guess what happened that night...</blockquote>

You just got back from bandcamp?

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1245149111]this reminds me of the time when I had to go out Christmas eve, around 3:30am, looking for Pepito Bismo, Ginger Ale and Draino. Drove around Irvine for only 30 minutes. went to the 7-11 on Culver in Deerfield...

They have 7-11s in Irvine? That's news to me.

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1245148653]this just about the most bizarre post ever, you know most of Irvine shuts down at 7; is there any TIC establishment that is open at midnight anyways? maybe try the Great Clips on Campus, those students might need a hair cut in the middle of the night... How about Westminster, or Garden Grove...</blockquote>

As I said, I am not suggesting that I think such a place exists in Irvine so I am open to other locations in OC. I sometimes find myself working late and when I remember I need to get a haircut, the shops are just closing at 8 or 8:30pm (which means they won't take you after 7:45-8pm). No, I do not want Irvine to be New York City. I just wish at times it were less like Mayberry or Hooterville.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245162880][quote author="roundcorners" date=1245149111]this reminds me of the time when I had to go out Christmas eve, around 3:30am, looking for Pepito Bismo, Ginger Ale and Draino. Drove around Irvine for only 30 minutes. went to the 7-11 on Culver in Deerfield...

They have 7-11s in Irvine? That's news to me.</blockquote>
Holy newbsauce! You don't even have to be an Irvinite to know this.

There is one 7-11 on Culver and Deerfield. It's next to the 99-Ranch. It has been there forever. I remember even playing standup arcade videogames there back in the day.

I would like a cheap barber to be open at least until 7pm too. My barber is only open from 8am to 5:30pm so I can only go during lunch or on the weekends... and I'm not gonna bring hair clippings back to work.

[quote author="elgringo" date=1242304261]Ok...I don't post often so please let me know if this thread should be moved.

I have at times wished I could find a barber/stylist open at late hours (say up to midnight). I am not suggesting that I think such a place exists in Irvine. But what about the rest of OC?</blockquote>

That is on my wish list too- wish they would open at least till 10.30..

Same thing for Trader Joes also- wish they open till 11.

It's convenient to run arrands/ grocery shop during the week late hours so that the weekend frees up.

[quote author="Cubic Zirconia" date=1245207021][quote author="elgringo" date=1242304261]Ok...I don't post often so please let me know if this thread should be moved.

I have at times wished I could find a barber/stylist open at late hours (say up to midnight). I am not suggesting that I think such a place exists in Irvine. But what about the rest of OC?</blockquote>

That is on my wish list too- wish they would open at least till 10.30..

Same thing for Trader Joes also- wish they open till 11.

It's convenient to run arrands/ grocery shop during the week late hours so that the weekend frees up.</blockquote>

If you are looking for non-trader-joe-specific items, there are a few Albertsons/Ralphs open late in Irvine. One Ralph's is open 24 hours also.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1245205303][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245162880][quote author="roundcorners" date=1245149111]this reminds me of the time when I had to go out Christmas eve, around 3:30am, looking for Pepito Bismo, Ginger Ale and Draino. Drove around Irvine for only 30 minutes. went to the 7-11 on Culver in Deerfield...

There is one 7-11 on Culver and Deerfield. It's next to the 99-Ranch. It has been there forever. I remember even playing standup arcade videogames there back in the day.

I would like a cheap barber to be open at least until 7pm too. My barber is only open from 8am to 5:30pm so I can only go during lunch or on the weekends... and I'm not gonna bring hair clippings back to work.</blockquote>

THere's also one just south of the 405 on Irvine center drive, in the same parking lot as 24 hour fitness and Fukada.

[quote author="ohnelly" date=1245218744][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1245205303][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245162880][quote author="roundcorners" date=1245149111]this reminds me of the time when I had to go out Christmas eve, around 3:30am, looking for Pepito Bismo, Ginger Ale and Draino. Drove around Irvine for only 30 minutes. went to the 7-11 on Culver in Deerfield...

I would like a cheap barber to be open at least until 7pm too. My barber is only open from 8am to 5:30pm so I can only go during lunch or on the weekends... and I'm not gonna bring hair clippings back to work.</blockquote>

THere's also one just south of the 405 on Irvine center drive, in the same parking lot as 24 hour fitness and Fukada.</blockquote>

wow I totally forgot about that 7-11. That makes 2 7-11 in Irvine. Irvine is ghettoized now

Back