Fav Ice Cream?

ps99472

I have to go with my fabulously artificially flavored Gold Metal Ribbon from BR. 

Second nod to the oldie but goodie Pralines 'n Cream also from BR. 

Dirty third goes to "I will never melt cuz I'm full of bad stuff" Black Cherry from Thrifty. 

Frothy fourth goes to Cherry Garcia from B&J

Filthy fifth goes to my childhood fav Orange Sherbert from BR again

Chocolate Malted Crunch from Thrifty/Rite-Aid
Black Cherry from Thrifty/Rite-Aid
Strawberry Cheesecake from BR

Jamoca Almond Fudge for me  :)

Screen-shot-2012-04-04-at-7.08.38-AM.png

As a kid, Black Cherry from Thrifty was my dad's favorite and I would get Pecan Praline or Butter Pecan.

Then I tried his and I never looked back.

Nowadays, I like Oreo-tainted ice cream but still prefer the nutty ones. As I posted a while ago, there was a Banana Split ice cream I got at Ralph's that was awesome.

iacrenter said:
Jamoca Almond Fudge for me  :)

Screen-shot-2012-04-04-at-7.08.38-AM.png

Forgot bout that one, getting it next.  2 prepacked quarts go for about $10. 

Lines can be long with all the coupons users.  Saw a guy getting a price adjustment on returned ice cream?  He paid with a black Amex card.  Now that's a cheapass.

Fun fact: I used to work as a Soda Jerk at an old fashioned ice cream parlor. I know how to make the old time Chocolate Phosphate / soda, egg creams, waffle cones from scratch, etc.

Thrifty's used to make a flavor called "Butter Toffee" or something like that... I forgot the name.  Tasted similar to Butter Pecan, but there were toffee chips instead of the Pecans.

Oh man, that was so good.  Can't seem to find anything similar anymore.  Of course this was when I was a kid over 25 years ago, so I might have thought it was toffee but could have been something else.

TLow97 said:
Thrifty's used to make a flavor called "Butter Toffee" or something like that... I forgot the name.  Tasted similar to Butter Pecan, but there were toffee chips instead of the Pecans.

Oh man, that was so good.  Can't seem to find anything similar anymore.  Of course this was when I was a kid over 25 years ago, so I might have thought it was toffee but could have been something else.

"Butter Brickle"?

SoCal said:
TLow97 said:

"Butter Brickle"?

Ah yes, butter brickle would match my description, but I vaguely remember the name of the ice cream at Thrifty's having the word "toffee" in it.

Tie between B&J Strawberry Cheesecake or Talenti's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup... I'm love sweet+salty combos in my ice cream.

TLow97 said:
SoCal said:
TLow97 said:

"Butter Brickle"?

Ah yes, butter brickle would match my description, but I vaguely remember the name of the ice cream at Thrifty's having the word "toffee" in it.
English Toffee?

Oh my gosh. Breyers now makes Gelato! I bought these 2 flavors last night:

Vanilla Caramel: Vanilla gelato with caramel sauce and caramely curls

10014677_10151959011291090_6498502643947263112_n.jpg

Triple Chocolate: Milk chocolate and dark chocolate gelato side-by-side with white chocolate sauce and chocolatey curls

10012559_10151934502721090_2082753911_n.jpg

The vanilla caramel is my favorite of the two. I can't compare it to actual gelato as I've missed every opportunity to have some save for one tiny hard & icy sample at The Venetian hotel in Las Vegas a couple weeks ago. This one is like wrapping your lips around a cloud. I think it's delicious. I want it to live in my mouth forever.

I felt like the chocolate missed a beat somewhere. I'm a chocolate lover but not a big fan of dark chocolate. Maybe that was the problem. Mr. SoCal liked this one better of the two, though.

I paid $3.99 each with my Ralph's club card. Without the card, they are $5.99/ea.

The scary thing is, two people or 1 IHO could wipe out the container in a single night. This gelato has a lot of volume to it so it seems to go quickly. If pudding and Coolwhip had a baby together, this would be it. I recommend buying more than you would regular ice cream.

Apparently Breyers also makes 2 other flavors which I didn't see on display but will be on the search for:

Raspberry Cheesecake: Cheesecake gelato, raspberry sauce, and graham cracker crumbles. YUM!!!

10003931_10151923544826090_290189421_n.jpg

Last but not least...

Tiramisu: Mascarpone gelato, espresso sauce, ladyfinger cookie pieces, and cocoa. OMG! Deliver me!

10155324_10151946338521090_301513656_n.jpg

I really like talento gelato, the cookie crunch flavor. Comes in those pint containers and costs $4-5, pricy but tasty and it cuts back on the calories if you happen to eat the whole container (800 calories)

Back